Thread: Smoked Haddock Florentine page

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member

Smoked Haddock Florentine

Primal Fuel
    Was searching through the freezer today trying to pull lunch for 3 out of thin air, and this was a winner:

1/2 a packet of frozen spinach, defrosted and thoroughly drained
    300g smoked haddock, cooked (I poached it in stock/broth)
    3 eggs
    black pepper
    3 T heavy cream
    1/4 cup grated strong, aged Berwick Edge cheese (or you could use a cheddar, but it needs to be strong)

I buttered 3 large ramekins, then covered the bottom of each with a third of the spinach, then a third of the haddock in each, cracked an egg on the top of each one, ground on some black pepper, and topped with a tablespoon of cream and the cheese. I then cooked them in a bain marie in a hot oven for 7 - 10 minutes (until the egg white is just set, but the yolk is runny), and ate immediately. Enjoyed by OH and daughter, and they were extremely cost-effective and filling.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I used to have this often for lunch - thanks so much for reminding me! Off to the market this morning and I shall come back with smoked haddock...!!

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Sounds lovely! I bought some smoked mackerel after remembering how much I liked it as a kid (hadn't eaten it in 15 yrs at least) and now I'm obsessed with smoked fish.