Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pinot-Girls Primal Journey Starts June 2013 page 4

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thursday - July 25th

I won in the naming sweepstake that I organised at work!! How funny!

It's been a good week mainly so far - went paddle boarding on Monday, my hips hurt the next day, not my core (I truly believe I was born without one!!!) but overall it was pretty pleasant, and I didn't fall in - and it was in the ocean, with waves and current, not a lake!!!

I also did my weekly sailing last night - not quite as energetic, but still it was great being on the water in the sunshine.

I haven't done any Heavy Lifting this week - will endeavour to do that today.

Food - mixed, but not aweful. Ate out twice this week, both at the Yacht club where I did the paddle boarding and sailing. I also have had interupted sleep which is not normal, and Monday night I woke and went and ate some 'Nutella' I had in the fridge (been there over a year!!). That was pretty naughty.

In the main, my diet remains
    2 HB Eggs for brekkie, with coffee with CO and Splenda
    Tuna Mayo for lunch
    Meat and veg of sorts for dinner
    Banana per day, and Tuesday had strawberries and heavy cream

Not sure I'm loosing weight, but I'm still feeling the positive affects of this way of life. I'm baffled somewhat that people loose really quickly initially as that has not been my experience.

My SI joint problem remains but I'm trying to be positive and not let it depress me which is very easy. Pain is an aweful thing to suffer from.

Right - cheerio guys,
    PG!

Tuesday, July 30th

After a weekend of too much cake at a wedding and my lightbulb moment on Sunday which resulted in shopping for better food, for making home made foods and the realisation I'm on vacation in 2 months, today I walked to work for the first time in a very very long time. I strapped my pelvis together with my back brace as advised by my bestie in Wales who's a Massage Therapist - and my SI joint didn't hurt.

Feeling alot more positive after the low points of the last few days - hope that this lasts a while.

Going to try a 'back healer' tomorrow, no idea what that is, but it's been recommended to me, so I'm happy to try it.

Yesterdays food:
    Breakfast - coffee w' cream and dollop of CO
    Lunch - 3 slices of my home made egg bake 'thing' and 5 mini meatballs (also home made!!!!) and a banana
    Dinner - steak fried in CO & butter, with roughly mashed cauli w' butter, 2 strawberries
    Snack - 6 slices of salami w' philly cheese in them (rolled up)

I'm trying to reduce the dairy I have, so no sauce with my steak but I really liked the cauli and butter!! And I had 'naked' strawberries, instead of with lots of cream.... I love cream!

Today I have the same meals till dinner, I'm going out for dinner, but I'm pretty attached to my mission and will not have anything dodgy.

Exercise
    Walking to work which takes 40 mins and I'll walk home too. If I can keep the pain at bay with my brace, I'll be doing alot more walking, and mentally I want to do more to build my core.

Oh, and I was up all night needing the loo - not sure what that is about, but I had to go so many times. Thoughts ???

Cheers - Happy Tuesday,
    PG!

Thursday, August 1st

Went to a 'Back Healer' yesterday morning. Had a private 1 hour session which ended up being a bit longer. I liked him, I liked him alot actually. First time I had someone look at the whole body, listen to me and explain how the body works, and how my muscles have developed around my pelvis / coccyx injury I sustained aged 15. Anyway, I have hope that his efforts will help, and I'm ditching my chiro and massage therapist for the time being, and giving him a go.

I've been doing more walking thanks to the brace around my pelvis, and the lowering of the pain I've had which is making me happy. I'm still hovering around the 150lb mark - no whoosh yet! I've enjoyed the home made food I cooked too, and my new regime of just having coffee w' CO in the morning is sustaining me till lunch, and meals at night have been without the cream sauce I'd been having. I did however finish up the strawberries in my fridge last night which I smothered in heavy cream. That cream is now gone, and I won't be purchasing more.

Diet:
    Tuesday was coffee w/ CO and 2 splenda's for brekkie, lunch = 3 slices of egg bake and 5 meatballs for lunch and a banana and I had dinner out, salad with cajun chicken, avocado and feta. There was corn and beans on it too which I left most of. Not ideal as I'm sure the chicken was smothered in a coating not really 'primal' but I let that go.
    Wednesday was coffee w/ CO and splenda for brekkie again, lunch the same as above, with the addition of a large avocado and dinner when I eventually got home, was steak fried in butter and olive oil, with steamed veggies smothered in butter (cauli mashed up & broccoli stalks).

Exercise - had my session with the back healer yesterday, went sailing, walked to the boat from work, and today walked to work, so it's more than last week. Back healer has given me alot to work on, and suggested my current muscle 'state' is not conducive to building up as is, as it's all in the wrong spot / the wrong ones are dominant etc.. so will work with him on getting that sorted, then strengthening the way they all SHOULD!

General - feeling more positive after my lightbulb moment on the weekend - more focused on respecting my body and not damaging it further with crappy foods. The walking to and from work is awesome. Sleeping a bit better, and adding magnesium is helping in my bathroom routine too. Although not losing any weight, I'm not feeling really bloated which is nice. Just need to maintain my stance on cream in coffee only!! Not 1/2 a pint over strawberries which is my Achilles heal. I guess it could be worse.......

PG!

Friday, Aug 2nd

Thursdays food
    Brekkie only coffee w' CO & splenda (had 2 coffee's)
    Lunch was 3 slices of egg bake and 5 meatballs (all home made) & a banana
    Dinner - 2 soft boiled eggs and 3 thick rashers of bacon, 1 more coffee

Walked to and from work - did my work out at home as prescribed by the therapist I saw, it's not physical but I'm counting it as it's relieving stress and healing my body.

Today
    Upon awakening, I had warm water with fresh slices of lemon to help reduce inflammation and help heal me.
    Brekkie is 2 cups of coffee w CO and splenda - small apple
    Lunch (just ate!!) is 3 slices of egg bake and 5 meatballs - all home made
    Dinner - will have lots of veggies and some meat, likely beef

Exercise - doing my regime again - no walking today. After 411 hours of sunshine in July, Vancouver got its rain back......!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

Tuesday, August 6th

So I'm 2 months in today, and no movement on the scales......... I am quite disappointed to be honest about that, but gratitude is about being grateful for what I have, not about missing what I don't have (yet!!).....

I have better health, a new motivation, a new advisory bureau (MDA), a new hobby of cooking and baking, eating home made foods, more awareness, better mental outlook, sleep improvements, and many more............

I believe the scales may have moved a wee bit but not enough for me to record, and I attended a wedding on Sunday which was amazing, and I did have some of the wedding fayre (cake for starters!!!), but kept it about 70% primal which I'm proud of. I don't drink which is a blessing, so avoided over indulging in bad drinking choices!!!

Yesterday I made curried meatballs from scratch, as well as eggy bake to add to the banana bread I made on Saturday. I'm in disbelief that I actually did all this home cooking - before Primal, I was an instant meal kinda gal.... It is a bit more difficult to gain motivation to cook for one but I'm making that effort.

I polished off my 80% organic chocolate yesterday, didn't eat properly really.... Apart from that, I had an avocado, a banana and 2 slices of my banana bread.

Back to my routine today
    B | 2 cups of coffee with coconut oil and splenda
    L | home made meatballs and eggy bake / slice of banana bread
    D | will have a steak, perhaps stir fried with lots of broccoli and cauliflower

Walking to / from work which is 70-80 minutes a day and I'm doing my back therapists work out which is really helping.

That's all for now.............
    PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

Tuesday - August 13th

It's been a while since I was on here - been v busy and having fun.

Back from a 3 day sailing regatta - and apart from some poor food choices it was very 'primal'.... Lots of heavy lifting (sails to hoist etc.), lots of sun (Vit D), lots of moving about (tacking / jibing and being rail meat!!), swimming in the ocean, lots of walking, lots of play, lots of fun. Food wise, I brought primal foods (eggs / salami / fruit / dark chocolate) and went through all of that - the dinner they put on was pretty good apart from the small bread bun and the meat no doubt was not great quality but it was all tasty!! I also ate a sandwich, some sweets (candy) and muffins they put on as brekkie. Ironically, I don't think I ate that much overall for the amount of work I was doing and I am feeling pretty good - perhaps I need to be eating less protein and smaller portions going forward.

Taking better care of my back through visiting a back therapist which is helping me with my posture which is all out of whack, my SI joint is alot better, and survived all the battering from the weekend. Sciatica still there and pretty bad after the weekend.

All in all, great weekend - we came first in our division and had some pretty awesome winds!!!

Cheers
    PG
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

Tuesday, August 20th

After a wee hiatus from this post, I'm back and hopefully a bit more jazzed up about things.

I've been getting down about my weight not changing but some great feedback from guys and gals on here, and some honesty has led me to make some changes, and start a bit more of a commitment.

Also bought some jeans yesterday and came away with a size 6!! Yippee!!!

Started today with taking coffee out of my diet - mostly as I have cream and splenda with it, and I've had green tea instead and eaten 2 hard boiled eggs. Lunch is home made meatloaf and some veggie / eggy bake. Dinner will be some fish and veggies with butter I'm sure!

I did a fair bit of walking this weekend, and will be in the week. My back / SI injury is up and down at the mo, but I'm taking the steps for more self care.

5 weeks till Australia, and I want to look slim and sexy for that!!

Cheers again guys, so much positive help here it's brilliant!

PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

Tuesday - August 27th

Well, it's been a pretty good week. The Green Tea experiment worked - I've cut weekday coffee out and I've enjoyed it, and the decrease in bloatiness. More the cream and splenda than the coffee I presume.

Back still sore, have been walking 45 minutes a day but no heavy lifting till I'm straighter which I'm working on with a back therapist. Doing those exercises twice a day. I did say I'd start sprinting but I haven't. Grrr... Need a boot up the arse to get me going on that.

Ate a fair bit of fish last week which I really enjoyed - tonight I'm making butter chicken as a friend is coming over, and I'll throw a meatloaf together too as I've almost run out of my supplies. Beats canned tuna and store bought mayo for lunches anyday!!!

Have not eaten fruit either - so there may be something in that too, I did have some dark chocolate and it's been TOM aswell, so bit all over the place probably.

4 weeks till Oz now - bought some new clothes online. My shorts have been falling down and my skirts are feeling looser so I'm hoping things are changing. I lost an inch on my hips and just over that on my waist - yippee!!!!

Aims for the next week:
    Cut out 'Mio' drink enhancer
    Try and get one sprint session in a week
    Try and not 'slip' on non primal foods as frequently

Cheerio!
    PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

randomcapitals is offline Senior Member
    Hi Pinot-Girl, congrats on the looser clothing, you must be firming up even if the scales are staying the same.
    Hope your back is better before your trip, looks like you've got a long flight coming up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by randomcapitals View Post
    Hi Pinot-Girl, congrats on the looser clothing, you must be firming up even if the scales are staying the same.
    Hope your back is better before your trip, looks like you've got a long flight coming up soon.
    Thanks :-) I do have a very long flight coming, and sitting is the worst.

Weekend wasn't great foodwise, but don't seem to have changed the belt loop hole so fingers crossed it's still OK!!

Scales just won't change though.

PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast