Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinot-Girls Primal Journey Starts June 2013 page 2

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Hi Pinot Girl.

Welcome to the primal lifestyle. You are doing great - fewer cravings, morning alertness etc. It's so exciting.

You have started almost exactly one year after me, let me encourage you that this is indeed a lifestyle that is realistic to stick with and continue to deliver better health and energy.

I just love the food, and all the benefits from eating this way, and I'm sure you will too. Best wishes, Annie
    Hey Annie,

Thank you!! I am grateful for your encouragement - and I'll read your journal when I have more time, I see that you've done so well too!

thanks again -
    PG!

Thursday - June 27th.

So, yesterday I had a few too many calories, and I had some cookies too - spiritual however !!!

Food:
    B: 1 egg + my coffee w' cream and coconut oil, 1 spenda
    L: tuna & mayo
    D: left over curry with broccoli
    Snacks - 6 slices of salami (good quality) with cream cheese on them. I then had 3 oreo cookies

I also noticed that I had swollen up quite a bit by the time it came to the evening. My jeans are so much looser in the morning than at night. I'm not sure what or why?? Even my thighs feel a bit larger? Do people swell up in the heat? I guess that may be it, but tummy definitely felt it, although the cookies were likely not a good choice, and frankly they were really too sweet.

I've forgotten my tuna today, so by default, I'll be skipping lunch. I've always been able to skip meals, but usually on weekends when I'm busy - not so much when I'm at work, and clock watching, and bored for alot of the day. I have 2 HB eggs and coconut oil to get me through from waking to 6.30pm.

I still seem to be around the 150lb mark - so no weight loss since starting 3 weeks ago.

No exercise yet - but reading my PB book last night, I think I may have been doing my walking too slowly...... So, on my walk home tonight, I'm going to go a bit faster. I've been strolling, not walking!!

Chiro / Massage on Saturday which hopefully will be the last part of my recovery in respect of SI joint injury.

Almost off all meds now too - not taken any today, normally have taken a tonne by now and I'd gotten in the habit of taking some sleep aids at night, which I've not done now for about 4 nights. And I'm sleeping...! I always was a good sleeper, my problem is one of addiction - looking for something on the outside to make me feel better on the inside. Progress not perfection is my daily mantra.

Cheers,
    PG!

Friday - June 28th!

Yesterday was a good day - felt well for the most part, my moods are definitely cheerier, even if there are things I'm not at peace with in my life, I seem more able to be accepting of them.

I bought some tuna, so ended up having lunch in the end which was nice. I had more coffee's (Starbucks) than normal but that I believe was my only deviance....

Food:
    B - 2 hb eggs / coffee w' cream and CO, 1 spenda per large mug
    L - tuna / mayo
    D - 2 egg omelet made w' cream, with 1/2 avo, mushrooms in butter and 2 hot dogs and some philly cheese
    S - handful of dried apricots and 1 banana

Ended up only eating half of my dinner, and the hot dogs weren't as nice as the real food. Left the rest for today's breakfast which I've just polished off!! Also had a banana which when I was on Atkins stayed well away from. Had it pretty late at night and although it didn't fill me up at all, I enjoyed it, and no obvious ill effects.

It's a loooooooooooooooong weekend here - Canada Day - YAY!!!!

Seeing my chiro / massage therapist tomorrow for what I hope is the green light to start some work on my body to beautify it!! I read more of my PB book last night.

Had a date at the w/end - well I thought it was a date, and the boy hasn't been in touch at all. Quite upset, don't understand boys / men and how this dating lark works, but there was a faint chance I'd bump into him last night, but he wasn't where I thought he'd be (wasn't stalking, I had a legitimate reason to be where I was....!). Anyway, I'm clueless and now resigned to accepting it was a lovely coffee / beach walk date, but that was about all it was.

Possible camping or hiking trip either Sunday or Monday which I'm looking forward to.

Oh - and I upped my walking pace yesterday but had a weird reaction in my left eye - where it went to vibrating vision for about 20 mins? Happened once before but I'm not sure why? Will monitor it, as I've recently had alot of eye exams, but all were clear............?

Cheers,
    PG!

Saturday !!!

Sun is out - perhaps summer has arrived at last in Vancouver??

Yesterday had my standard breakfast and lunch - I had an apple after lunch too which was nice. Didn't have any food in, so bought some steaks en route home (doubt they were grass fed either - but no choice in the local market). Fried in olive oil / butter, then added the mushrooms - made a sauce with I'd guess 2 TBS of heavy cream, dollop of grainy mustard, and a sliver of philly cheese to thicken it. Then had a load of brocolli. Was only gonna have one of the steaks, but they were yummy and I ate both. Ate a banana too.

I'm averaging about 1500 calories / day, and it's about 50g carbs and protein and fats are both about 80g (average).

I'm a bit miffed I'm not looseing weight, and my belly is still podgy. I'm 3 weeks in and this isn't really changing. Granted my exercise has been on a hiatus due to a back injury but reading people loosing without it is starting to weigh on my mind. At 5'4 or 5'5 (i'm not totally sure), and hovering around 150lbs, you'd think I'd have enough to loose without moving alot. Never been super skinny even when I was at my lightest, so I guess I've been blessed with a large frame, and need to stop worrying so much.

Today is chiro / massage, food shop for the week and then laze in the sun. Tomorrow is a day trip for hiking, and as the Jazz Fest is on here along with a day off on Monday, think I'll head down to the free music that is on then.

Took more tablets yesterday than I had been - lady time is due, and the pain was alot, didn't sleep well. Perhaps that has affected my tummy bloat - we'll see. Not giving up that is for sure.

PG!

Evening!!

Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads this - even if they don't, it provides me with a history of things which I can learn from..... Today was a good day!!!

Bacon and eggs for brekkie and a Venti coffee from Starbush with cream and splenda - had at 8am, didn't eat again till 5pm!!!

Went to my chiro and massage - it was good, still reckon the massage is doing me more good than the chiro but what do I know?? Suggested to remain resting for a bit longer, but swimming and cycling were OK (what the chiro said). Walking / hiking and moving were suggested by the massage therapist, and definatley not to be too still after the treatment, but to keep things moving slowly as the muscles recovered......................!

Then off to meet a friend for some chilliaxing at the beach, and en route, I had the urge to run. I'll prefix this by saying I do not run, hate running, my arthritis has always left me in so much pain after running not to mention hip joint fatigue....... but I thought, well, I'll go as fast as I can, for a short burst and leave it at that....! And I did. 3 very very humble sprints (insert jogging pace) for about 10 seconds each, and then I'd arrived at my friend's beach spot. I am still shocked I did this, and many hours later, in no more pain than usual (I'm always in some pain due to my nerve pain / sciatica) but nothing major!!! I'm thrilled I did it, and will do it again in a few days if I feel like it.

Came home, had steak fried in olive oil / butter, with mushrooms and brocolli. Sauce made from heavy cream and mustard. Lush! Then had 4 strawberries and some heavy cream for dessert.

I got htinking about the cream thing again as I was going a bit crazy a while back and having tonnes, and so cut it down. Today I htink I've had more than normal - I just love the stuff. Also did some reading on dairy in Canada, and it appears (and correct if I've got this wrong), that things aren't quite as bad as the States in terms of processing policies. That added to raw dairy being banned here anyway?? All my cream has but one ingrediant on the list - 'cream'.? Guess that is OK!?

Also tonight I met a guy with some health issues - similar pain to me in fact, and I've suggested he come here. So hope he does as it's made a big difference to me. Although I can't credit it all to MDA as I was already low carbing on and off for years - mainly introduced by Atkins. MDA however has inspired me in respect of an achievable fitness model which I'm grateful for, and if my lame efforts of running today are the start of htings to come - I'll take it.

Right - off in the morning, for a day trip and long hike, followed by swimming in the sea wiht my best friend and her dog. Sunshine Coast, BC, Canada - here I come :-)

Good Night
    PG!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Woohoo on the running/jogging. you sure experiencing the primal energy! Look forward to more fun to come

Sunday Morning

I've been awake since silly o'clock this morning, a full hour before my alarm went off for my hiking day trip to the Sunshine Coast (5.15am!!!). I couldn't fall back to sleep either, so did some chores, stretched my body after yesterday's chiro / massage and although my sciatica is still with me, no soreness from my very short, pathetic running yesterday!

I hopped on the scales too, and they're not 100% accurate and are the dial sort, so with my poor eyesight I peered down and am SURE it read 148lbs.... So - perhaps they were off, maybe they weren't but that means a 2lb loss in 3+ weeks for me! I'll take it.

Once Starbucks opened at 7am, I got my coffee (black and I added the cream), and returned to my apartment, and I've just finished a 2 egg omelet made with heavy cream, 3 slices of chopped bacon, some mushrooms, grated cheese and a bit of avocado. I'm gonna have a few strawberries and cream too before my friend collects me.

No idea re: lunch, gonna throw some salami in my sack with a banana and apple, and lots of water!

Enjoy the day folks -

PG!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Have a GREAT day, PG.

Monday - phew!!!!

Oh my - what a weekend. Canada Day, 3 days off, summer arrived in Vancouver, temps up to 30 degrees (Celcius!) and amazing times spent with friends. Blessed to live in the beautiful Pacific North West!!!

As for the diet, it has been what I hope is at least 80% on target, I had 1 cookie on Saturday, an ice cream and 1/2 a burger bun on Sunday, and 6 pringles today. Those were my naughties....

Diet was mainly eggs / bacon for brekkie in some form
    Lunch was skipped most days
    Dinner (apart from my burger bun) has been steak, veggies, and cream sauce.
    Snacks have been salami / fruit / strawberries & cream
    Coffee's and water.

Exercise - Saturday nothing much, had my massage etc. Sunday was a 2.5 hour hike, followed by chilling on the beach and swimming in the sea (how primal!!), and today I helped garden a bit. Not too much as my back is not doing so good today, nothing major, but didn't fancy lifting anything in case there was aggravation.

Work again tomorrow, but a short week which is good.

Sadly the date I had last weekend seems to have been an anomoly - he didn't contact me again, so as the movie says "He's just not that in to YOU!!!".

Knackered - hot and off to bed soon.

PG!

Tuesday!!

Early start in the office, and a lunch out.

2 HB eggs and my coffee (w cream and co)
    lunch was out, and I've written another post about this, but I had a caeser salad with chicken which was lovely but I felt totally aweful afterwards. I think - and I'll never be sure - that it was the dressing, as I've eaten grains not long ago, and don't think it was gluten related..... Felt about 10 lbs heavier, had to undo my skirt as my belly just blew up, and I was in such discomfort.

It passed in a few hours, and I had 3 franfurters for my dinner as I was not feeling up to cooking chicken curry as planned, and I'm out sailing tomorrow so put the chicken in the freezer.

Rough day as a result, but hopefully won't do it again.

One thing I'm noting is that generally I'm not loosing weight. I need to see how honest I've been with my food intake, there have been a few 'slips', but nothing major, and within the 80/20 rule. I'm yet to do the fitness as my injury is lingering on. I'll do some very light weight exercises tomorrow perhaps..... Bloody SI joint.

that is all.
    PG!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast