Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your butter alive? Or is it pasturized? page

Annie1962 is offline Member

Cool Is your butter alive? Or is it pasturized?

Primal Fuel
    I am wondering with butter being suggested, are people consuming "Raw Butter" which is full of vitamins, enzymes, ect....or are people using butter that has been pasteurized (killed)? full of bad salt. If we are primal, shouldn't live butter be used over dead butter? Just wondering, it makes sense to me.....

Annie

Bukawww is offline Senior Member
    I think most here would choose raw butter...however it is illegal in my state to sell/purchase raw dairy products So we opt for the grassfed variety when available.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    If I had butter it would be pasteurized and so I don't have butter.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Isn't that just terrible that it's illegal to sell/purchase Raw Dairy products in some states and not others, treated just like an illegal drug or bootleg whiskey.

Annie

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Once upon a time a few people get sick from tainted raw dairy and everyone goes into a panic. I hate how afraid people are of everything.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I hate the cheese-y taste of raw butter, it makes me gag.

I think some people just don't like the taste of any milk, my husband won't drink it unless I make it into Chocolate Raw Milk.....he's still getting the nutrition from the Raw Milk though....I know sometimes, depending on the time of season and if a cow has been munching on a weed or something different than her regular grass meal, the milk can taste different, but for me I have been lucky, my source has been very consistent in the good flavor.....it does have more fat in it than commercial whole milk, I skim off the cream myself and don't always get all of it so it gets mixed in...yummy!!!!!!

Annie

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Oh I LOVE raw milk/cream. It's the butter I don't love. I'd love to sample some raw cheeses.

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    i have pasteurized grass-fed unsalted sweet cream butter. its all i can get a hold of so it will have to do. i dont know anywhere near me where i can get a hold of raw milk, cream, butter, cheese or any of that
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

beckinwolf is offline Member
    Like many others, its illegal in my state to sell raw milk or butter. I can get raw cheese though, and often buy it. I guess they think that's ok, since its aged? In order to get raw milk, I'd have to buy half a cow from a local farmer, and then she'd "sell" me the raw milk, but not for me, she'd have to pretend to sell it to me for my cat or dog or something. I've read up on it a bit. I don't have room for a half a cow in the freezer and don't know anyone to cowpool with. It's really a shame, but I'm not surprised that its so hard to get raw dairy, since the dairy industry is so strong.
    Carpe Diem!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast