Thread: Rotating meat types and other random questions page

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member

Rotating meat types and other random questions

Primal Fuel
    3 questions I hope someone can answer...

Is it necessary or beneficial to have different types of meat throughout the week? I could just have gf beef everyday but sometimes feel like I should mix it up with chicken or lamb or something else...didn't know if different types of animals provide different nutritional benefits...it is just very hard to find pastured chicken, pork and lamb...finding gf steak and ground beef is not a problem...so is it best to rotate with non gf alternate animals or stick with gf beef?

Also, is it ok to use liverwurst to get some liver in...I like a small amount of that 1-2 oz from time to time...not gf...wondered if that is a good source of live (calf liver pate).

I just placed a meat order with Slankers and had to add stuff to get to 20lbs so ordered a bunch of different soup bones to make bone broth...how many bones should I use for a large crock pot full? Don't anticipated ordering from there more than once every 3 months or so since I live with non primals...got several different packages of bones...knuckles, leg marrow and chicken bones...how many lbs per batch does everyone use? which bones are best for broth?

Thanks

Greenbeast is online now Senior Member
    it's probably beneficial but more than anything it's much more interesting!

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    1: Don't sweat it. Ruminants >>>> Pork and Poultry for nutrition
    2: Yup. Liverwurst is an awesome way to get nature's multivitamin in your pie hole.
    3: Knuckles and stuff are best for broth, but they're all good. I like to use a solid 2-3# of bones, and I like to roast them first.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aprimalmomma View Post
    Also, is it ok to use liverwurst to get some liver in...I like a small amount of that 1-2 oz from time to time...not gf...wondered if that is a good source of live (calf liver pate).Thanks
    I think eating 1-2oz of liverwurst from time to time is like eating a strip of bacon a week. Just do it.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I think it's beneficial to have some fish and liver during the week. But when it comes to the other meats, I just have whatever.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3