Thread: what do you suggest? page

Lindsay0311 Guest

what do you suggest?

So, I know tonight I will be drinking some wine and probably eating some cheese and various other finger type foods...I am letting myself have this and using it as part of my 20%..gotta enjoy the good things in life and tonight I am going to a dinner party like I have not been to before and am super excited.

Anyhow, my question is this...I was planning on having a taco salad...obviously minus the cheese, beans, and shell for lunch. But, should I have something that is absolutely 0 carbs since I know I will be eating that tonight...even if the calories will be higher? Say, 2 burger patties or chicken with the skin...the calories will be higher then salad with some meat on it but will be 0 carb...

What do you all think?

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry about it too much really. If I were you I'd eat more protein and fat at lunchtime to stop myself from going overboard on the 20% stuff later but don't sweat it too much. As long as you get back to normal the next day is the main thing.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay0311 View Post
    I am letting myself have this and using it as part of my 20%
    This is all you need to say. You don't need to justify it by eating a certain way beforehand or afterward. Enjoy.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    2nd primalchild.

Eat the veggies for lunch as you'd planned.
    Last edited by cillakat; 05-20-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: grammar

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    +3 to the above.

Eat normally, enjoy your 20%, get back to normal tomorrow.

The more pressure we put on ourselves to avoid things, I think sometimes makes those things so "wantable". I've found that the longer I eat primally, the less often I want extras, the less i want of those extras... and the less bad I feel about having them. And amazingly enough, I just go back to normal the next day. No guilt, no "making up for"... just eating great food when I'm hungry.

It's kinda nice being off the eat/binge/diet/guilt/mustbetoothpickskinny treadmill. :-)

Have fun!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid