Page 3 of 162 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ✿ Cillakat page 3

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Cillikat,

Does turning slightly pink after sun exposure count as a burn??? For me, it always turns to tan, and does not peel.
    Enquiring minds need to know ;-)

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kuno1chi View Post
    Does turning slightly pink after sun exposure count as a burn??? For me, it always turns to tan, and does not peel.
    Enquiring minds need to know ;-)
    Yes, if it's warm even after you've cooled down, then it's a burn. Shorten the time by coming inside, covering up, applying s/s or seeking shade.

Also know that a burn is possible even when there is sufficient UVB for D synthesis. In other words, we'll definitely be tan from UVB sufficient to support optimal D levels, but the reverse is not true.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Thanks!!!

have bad headache. makes my teeth hurt;/ And it's not my teeth. This used to happen all of the time.

cyclical? or just from forgetting to take Vyvanse? Not taking the Vyvanse is like not drinking caffeinated coffee when you're used to drinking it daily. Too the Vyvanse 30 min ago though. Still hurts.

Feck.

Sorry you're hurting, Sweetie!!!
    *Sends big hugs*
    Hope you feel better soon <3

Blorton is offline Senior Member
    Heya! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.

Just wanted to thank you for all your great sunning posts. I managed to get some great exposure today doing yardwork, and paced being in and out of the shade so as to not get a solid cooking.

Cheers!

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

Thanks guys! I did get to feeling much better after some big drugs to rid myself of the headache. If nothing else, it was a good reminder to take my magnesium. And all of the other various things I take to stay sane and healthy. The energy and mood stability that's coming back (after ditching rains) caused me to forget that I still need the nutritional support.

And there's this:
    866 Calories

68.4g of Fat

35.6g of Protein

35.4g of Carbs

I just plain didn't get enough food. Took my meds at noon or 1 and just didn't feel like eating after that.

I've lost 7 lbs, so that's cool. And no, you're not getting any real numbers. Nope. Nada. Can't bear to say it out loud. The frame underneath it all is tiny - and it supported about 97 lbs LBM last time I had a real analysis done which was....oh, ya' know.......16 years ago. When I was lifting heavy 4x/wk with a kick-ass ass-kicking trainer. Teaching aerobics classes. Running. Walking for miles - many miles - around Ann Arbor. So honestly? The LBM right now is even less than that. Stopping there.

I wll say though, that on the good side, my hip-to-waist ratio, in spite of it all, is .7. Woo!

B: brisket, mango, strawberries (4)
    snacked until noonish: more brisket, avocado, other half of the mango, celery/cuke concoction
    then nothing really

Grocery shopped.....bought gorgeous sockeye for dinner tomorrow. And possibly for breakfast and lunch too. Was able to procure sockeye 'trimmings' for small primal dog. At first she wasn't interested but after she realized nothing else was coming her way, she caved and ate it.

DH took the kidlets swimming. I'd planned on taking them strawberry picking today. *is good mom* The darlings wanted to "swim for hours" though. Exact words, in fact. My skin doesn't like chlorine so dh does the pool swimming, I'll do the lake swimming next weekend at dear MIL's house - and i'm serious, she is a dear. I have the best MIL ever. Which is good because it offsets the batshit crazy FIL (note to self, delete that later). Thank goodness they're divorced and he lives in another country. edit: removing over-share

Kids 'swam for hours'. After they had some 'lay-low' time we all went to the nature preserve. Next time I'll take pics. Very idyllic and wholesome with the creek, the woods, the paths. Walked, sprinted. They lifted heavy things. My arms are lifting nothing today. At least not anything requiring an anterior deltoid.

Did various and numerous lunges and squats but coudln't do any upper body.

Working on the hip mobility exercises:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-t...-hip-mobility/

Did much stretching while brushing teeth am and pm. Additional stretching through the day. I stretch whenever I think of it.

On another note, I've been trying to go barefoot whenever possible. I can't at all in the winter - even in the house - and typically I wear shoes everywhere b/c I can't stand the feel of any grit on my feet - which is bound to be an issue with the remaining small dog and the cute kidlets. But - last week I decided to suck it up and go barefoot whenever possible. So this is me. Trying new things. Pushing the envelope.
    Last edited by cillakat; 05-24-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Glad you're feeling better now; sounds like you and the family had an awesome Primal day

Quick post before bed:
    1371 cals
    91.6g protein
    81.7 fat
    71.4 carbs

Felt like hell most of the day. Assuming low carb flu as I don't actually feel sick. Headache, achey, shakey but not 'ill'. If that even makes sense. Feh.

Wondering where beefcake is. Kinda concerned. More than kinda. I have a theory - or several - and I absolutely hope I'm completely wrong and that he's just on a fabulous primal vacation with the wife and kids.

Made BED's Broccoli Fennel Soup. I've been making this soup for, what, 10 years now?
    https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0A...NkdGJjeA&hl=en

I just don't feel right. Something is off.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just don't feel right. Something is off.
    So yesterday was just *ew*.

I think I didn't get enough sleep for a couple of nights in a row in combo with the low carb flu....and I realized I hadn't taken my sanity supps in while. Was very anxious and everything just felt off. And 'thing 2' as dh lovingly calls her, was a train wreck.

To remedy, I put T2 to bed very early - 7pm. As she was madder than wet hen about the early bedtime, I laid down with her....and fell asleep too. Woke up at 8:30, starving. Ate some wild sockeye and broccoli fennel soup, then went to sleep again around 11:30 or 12. Slept until I awoke naturally at 7am, fully refreshed.

Today I've so far made
    another brisket
    kale, daikon, salmon soup (yeah, yeah...but it really is better than it sounds)
    cultured butter
    and a clean house
    Last edited by cillakat; 05-07-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Page 3 of 162 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast