Thread: Newbie here! page

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member

Newbie here!

Shop Now
    Hello everyone! My name is Jason. I fell upon the Paleo/Primal lifestyle plan a few weeks ago and finally gave in and bought the 21 day transformation book a few days ago. Hopefully it will arrive in a couple days. For the past couple weeks I have given up all grains and dairy. I plan on reintroducing dairy once hit my goal weight, but I am drinking almond milk and coconut milk. I also kicked soda and juice to the curb. A few weeks ago I weighed in at 249 lbs. Today I weighed in at 232lbs. I want to start lifting again, but I want my body to get accustomed to not having as many carbs thoughout the day. I was the guy who would have a 6 ounce piece of chicken/steak/or fish every 4 hours with 1/2 to a whole cup of brown rice and some veggies. I never had a big issue with soda since we don't keep any in the house. But my weakness was pita chips and granola bars. So I avoid them like the plague. Anyways, for the past couple weeks I have been eating things most people would fear. I no longer remove the yolks from my eggs, trim the fat off the sides of my steak, remove the skin from my chicken, or use cooking sprays to make my meals. Anyways, if you started today, I would love to partner up and exchange meal ideas or ways to cope with your adjusting to your new way of eating.

Just Grok It!

Jason

Begin weight: 249 lbs
    Today: 232 lbs
    Last edited by Paleo0731; 06-10-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Jason! Good luck with Primal.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    Welcome, Jason! Good luck with Primal.
    Thanks! I'm noticing some differences in my body composition and I haven't even started lifting again yet. I know I shouldn't rely on the scale, but I am taking this as a good sign. My energy levels are improving too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andersonsmith View Post
    welcome bro on marksdaily apple. we would love to share all our experiences with you., so just enjoy here
    Thanks. I am excited to be on this lifelong journey with those that have the same mindset.

nobita is offline Junior Member
    Really you can learn many things from here...

I know. This site is loaded with info and ideas. I love it!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo0731 View Post
    I know. This site is loaded with info and ideas. I love it!
    Yes, but keep in mind that some of us have our own ideas. It is easy to get lost. Remember that Mark is Da Man.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    Yes, but keep in mind that some of us have our own ideas. It is easy to get lost. Remember that Mark is Da Man.
    I agree. The forum is a good place to ask for help and get ideas, but I do refer back to my Primal Blueprint and Mark's blogs.