Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 98

Thread: Magnesium Information and Extensive Protocol page 9

  1. #81
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    47
    Can anyone advise and recommend a magnesium supplement for prostatitis? I suffer very badly from chronic pelvic floor tension and muscle spasms. Feels like I am permanently sitting on a tennis ball. It radiates around my perineum, buttons, tip of the penis, and bladder.

    I know there is no dysfunction with my prostate and no infection present. I am convinced it is a muscu

    I have been reading about the muscular benefits of magnesium but am unsure of which one to try

  2. #82
    jasperb's Avatar
    jasperb is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    68
    I have a supplement that contains magnesium bisglycinate, is this as good as glycinate?

  3. #83
    ryanmercer's Avatar
    ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Speedway, IN
    Posts
    1,092
    I hands down prefer Mag-Tab SR as my magnesium. I like the fact that if I space the 4 out throughout the day I've basically got a 24/7 trickle of magnesium entering my system. Get it direct from -> Welcome to Niche Pharmaceuticals, Inc. or it's on amazon and other crap but the manufacturer has the best prices, especially if you buy the huge tub.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

  4. #84
    Primo's Avatar
    Primo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
    Different Forms of Magnesium
    Magnesium Pidolate (Magnesium 5-Oxo Proline) - Absorption is DEFINITELY not worth the extra free glutamic acid. Too much free glutamic acid can be excitotoxic and neurotoxic. Can you say MSG? Taken with meals..
    Source?

    This one contradicts:

    Inhibition of mouse-killing behaviour in magnesiu... [Magnes Res. 1995] - PubMed - NCBI

    Inhibition of mouse-killing behaviour in magnesium-deficient rats: effect of pharmacological doses of magnesium pidolate, magnesium aspartate, magnesium lactate, magnesium gluconate and magnesium chloride.
    Bac P1, Pages N, Herrenknecht C, Teste JF.
    Author information
    Abstract

    Magnesium deprivation induced interspecific aggressive behaviour (muricidal behaviour) in rats undoubtedly attributable to magnesium deficiency since magnesium chloride, by correcting magnesium deficiency, suppressed it. Inhibition of magnesium deficiency-induced behaviour by various magnesium salts should enable the classification of the therapeutic effects of these salts. Consequently we compared the effects of various magnesium salts used therapeutically on the inhibition of the acute muricidal behaviour induced by magnesium deficiency. All the magnesium salts used (chloride, pidolate, aspartate, gluconate, lactate) suppressed the muricidal behaviour. There was no significant difference in the duration of the treatment needed to inhibit this comportment for each of the salts studied. In contrast, significant differences appeared, concerning the different phases of muricidal behaviour. Magnesium pidolate significantly increased the attack latency (P < 0.05). By repeating the muricidal assays, we showed that magnesium pidolate treated rats had a muricidal behaviour rate which was lower than that of the other magnesium salt-treated rat groups. Consequently, it can be assumed that all the magnesium salts used had an acute anti-muricidal, perhaps anti-stress, effect and that magnesium pidolate presented, on this experimental model the greatest efficacy.
    Last edited by Primo; 03-08-2014 at 06:48 PM.

  5. #85
    VickieSneddon's Avatar
    VickieSneddon is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1

    A little help?

    "Best Glycinate: Pure Encapsulations Magnesium Glycinate"

    I'm in Australia and cannot get this brand shipped to me. I did find this however and am wondering if it is the same or "close enough"??

    Magnesium (from TRAACS® magnesium glycinate chelate buffered) 133mg
    Other ingredients: Gelatin, magnesium oxide, citric acid, maltodextrin, may contain one or more of the following: microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silica.


    Thanks for your help!
    Vickie

  6. #86
    Ron_Swanson's Avatar
    Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Hope Mills, NC
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Source?

    This one contradicts:

    Inhibition of mouse-killing behaviour in magnesiu... [Magnes Res. 1995] - PubMed - NCBI

    Inhibition of mouse-killing behaviour in magnesium-deficient rats: effect of pharmacological doses of magnesium pidolate, magnesium aspartate, magnesium lactate, magnesium gluconate and magnesium chloride.
    Bac P1, Pages N, Herrenknecht C, Teste JF.
    Author information
    Abstract

    Magnesium deprivation induced interspecific aggressive behaviour (muricidal behaviour) in rats undoubtedly attributable to magnesium deficiency since magnesium chloride, by correcting magnesium deficiency, suppressed it. Inhibition of magnesium deficiency-induced behaviour by various magnesium salts should enable the classification of the therapeutic effects of these salts. Consequently we compared the effects of various magnesium salts used therapeutically on the inhibition of the acute muricidal behaviour induced by magnesium deficiency. All the magnesium salts used (chloride, pidolate, aspartate, gluconate, lactate) suppressed the muricidal behaviour. There was no significant difference in the duration of the treatment needed to inhibit this comportment for each of the salts studied. In contrast, significant differences appeared, concerning the different phases of muricidal behaviour. Magnesium pidolate significantly increased the attack latency (P < 0.05). By repeating the muricidal assays, we showed that magnesium pidolate treated rats had a muricidal behaviour rate which was lower than that of the other magnesium salt-treated rat groups. Consequently, it can be assumed that all the magnesium salts used had an acute anti-muricidal, perhaps anti-stress, effect and that magnesium pidolate presented, on this experimental model the greatest efficacy.


    Its the magnesium that reduces the neurotoxicity of pyroglutamate, but it is still mildly neurotoxic even combined with magnesium. The seizures were reduced by magnesium not by pyroglutamate. This study was also done with rats instead of in vivo humans. Granted I do site some animal and in vitro studies in my work, but it isn't always completely accurate.

    There are just so many better sources of magnesium for supplementation.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

    I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

    www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

  7. #87
    Ron_Swanson's Avatar
    Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Hope Mills, NC
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by VickieSneddon View Post
    "Best Glycinate: Pure Encapsulations Magnesium Glycinate"

    I'm in Australia and cannot get this brand shipped to me. I did find this however and am wondering if it is the same or "close enough"??

    Magnesium (from TRAACS® magnesium glycinate chelate buffered) 133mg
    Other ingredients: Gelatin, magnesium oxide, citric acid, maltodextrin, may contain one or more of the following: microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silica.


    Thanks for your help!
    Vickie
    It is the same, but with a lot more fillers. What about Designs for Health Magnesium Glycinate?
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

    I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

    www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

  8. #88
    Notsoperfick's Avatar
    Notsoperfick is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    50
    Thank you for such a comprehensive run down on magnesium. I have taken it fairly regularly for the last couple of years, swapping about but at present I take mag. malate and mag. citrate. Reading your comprehensive descriptions I can see several varieties that might be worth taking, is there a limit to how much magnesium you can/should take?

  9. #89
    kellysensei's Avatar
    kellysensei is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    28
    I appreciate the breakdown of the different forms of magnesium. I've been taking magnesium malate for a couple months now and definitely notice a reduction in Charley horses and overnight foot cramps.

  10. #90
    Ron_Swanson's Avatar
    Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Hope Mills, NC
    Posts
    405
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Notsoperfick View Post
    Thank you for such a comprehensive run down on magnesium. I have taken it fairly regularly for the last couple of years, swapping about but at present I take mag. malate and mag. citrate. Reading your comprehensive descriptions I can see several varieties that might be worth taking, is there a limit to how much magnesium you can/should take?
    Yes, it is rare with supplemental magnesium but hypermagnesemia can occur. This best recommendation to prevent it is 200 - 400 mg per 50 pounds of body weight of supplemental magnesium daily.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

    I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

    www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •