Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Magnesium Information and Extensive Protocol page 9

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It should also be pointed out that gelatin is approx. 26% glycine......I have started supplementing with gelatin for a lot of reasons, but I have immediately noticed I am sleeping better! I have been taking 500mg Mag Citrate 3 times a day for constipation issues (Ron, you may remember me from earlier in this post) and it has kept me fairly regular with every other day bowel movements, and now the added gelatin has me having daily BM's, better sleep, and I think my osteoarthritis, which has already improved dramatically since going primal, is improving even more!
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merritt View Post

I have never even heard of R-Lipoic Acid, Ubiquinol, or NADH. I hope that my store will have them, though I kind of doubt it.. selection seems to be pretty limited unfortunately.
    Please be careful and do some reading about lipoic acid if you have any mercury dental amalgams or any history of mercury exposure. If not taken properly it can cause serious issues.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Merritt is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Please be careful and do some reading about lipoic acid if you have any mercury dental amalgams or any history of mercury exposure. If not taken properly it can cause serious issues.
    Thank you

I do make sure to do my own thorough research on everything before I jump in, but nice to have the warning too

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Great information!

I have been taking magnesium citrate at night and have had diarrhea every morning, so today I am going to go and get some glycinate and take that at night. I will continue to take the citrate during the day though and see if it helps keep things regular.

Perhaps I will pick up some malate to take in the morning for energy.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Can anyone advise and recommend a magnesium supplement for prostatitis? I suffer very badly from chronic pelvic floor tension and muscle spasms. Feels like I am permanently sitting on a tennis ball. It radiates around my perineum, buttons, tip of the penis, and bladder.

I know there is no dysfunction with my prostate and no infection present. I am convinced it is a muscu

I have been reading about the muscular benefits of magnesium but am unsure of which one to try

jasperb is offline Member
    I have a supplement that contains magnesium bisglycinate, is this as good as glycinate?

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    I hands down prefer Mag-Tab SR as my magnesium. I like the fact that if I space the 4 out throughout the day I've basically got a 24/7 trickle of magnesium entering my system. Get it direct from -> Welcome to Niche Pharmaceuticals, Inc. or it's on amazon and other crap but the manufacturer has the best prices, especially if you buy the huge tub.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Primo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
    Different Forms of Magnesium
    Magnesium Pidolate (Magnesium 5-Oxo Proline) - Absorption is DEFINITELY not worth the extra free glutamic acid. Too much free glutamic acid can be excitotoxic and neurotoxic. Can you say MSG? Taken with meals..
    Source?

This one contradicts:

Inhibition of mouse-killing behaviour in magnesiu... [Magnes Res. 1995] - PubMed - NCBI

Inhibition of mouse-killing behaviour in magnesium-deficient rats: effect of pharmacological doses of magnesium pidolate, magnesium aspartate, magnesium lactate, magnesium gluconate and magnesium chloride.
    Bac P1, Pages N, Herrenknecht C, Teste JF.
    Author information
    Abstract

Magnesium deprivation induced interspecific aggressive behaviour (muricidal behaviour) in rats undoubtedly attributable to magnesium deficiency since magnesium chloride, by correcting magnesium deficiency, suppressed it. Inhibition of magnesium deficiency-induced behaviour by various magnesium salts should enable the classification of the therapeutic effects of these salts. Consequently we compared the effects of various magnesium salts used therapeutically on the inhibition of the acute muricidal behaviour induced by magnesium deficiency. All the magnesium salts used (chloride, pidolate, aspartate, gluconate, lactate) suppressed the muricidal behaviour. There was no significant difference in the duration of the treatment needed to inhibit this comportment for each of the salts studied. In contrast, significant differences appeared, concerning the different phases of muricidal behaviour. Magnesium pidolate significantly increased the attack latency (P < 0.05). By repeating the muricidal assays, we showed that magnesium pidolate treated rats had a muricidal behaviour rate which was lower than that of the other magnesium salt-treated rat groups. Consequently, it can be assumed that all the magnesium salts used had an acute anti-muricidal, perhaps anti-stress, effect and that magnesium pidolate presented, on this experimental model the greatest efficacy.
    Last edited by Primo; 03-08-2014 at 05:48 PM.

VickieSneddon is offline Junior Member

A little help?

"Best Glycinate: Pure Encapsulations Magnesium Glycinate"

I'm in Australia and cannot get this brand shipped to me. I did find this however and am wondering if it is the same or "close enough"??

Magnesium (from TRAACS® magnesium glycinate chelate buffered) 133mg
    Other ingredients: Gelatin, magnesium oxide, citric acid, maltodextrin, may contain one or more of the following: microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silica.

Thanks for your help!
    Vickie

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Source?

This one contradicts:

Inhibition of mouse-killing behaviour in magnesiu... [Magnes Res. 1995] - PubMed - NCBI

Inhibition of mouse-killing behaviour in magnesium-deficient rats: effect of pharmacological doses of magnesium pidolate, magnesium aspartate, magnesium lactate, magnesium gluconate and magnesium chloride.
    Bac P1, Pages N, Herrenknecht C, Teste JF.
    Author information
    Abstract

Magnesium deprivation induced interspecific aggressive behaviour (muricidal behaviour) in rats undoubtedly attributable to magnesium deficiency since magnesium chloride, by correcting magnesium deficiency, suppressed it. Inhibition of magnesium deficiency-induced behaviour by various magnesium salts should enable the classification of the therapeutic effects of these salts. Consequently we compared the effects of various magnesium salts used therapeutically on the inhibition of the acute muricidal behaviour induced by magnesium deficiency. All the magnesium salts used (chloride, pidolate, aspartate, gluconate, lactate) suppressed the muricidal behaviour. There was no significant difference in the duration of the treatment needed to inhibit this comportment for each of the salts studied. In contrast, significant differences appeared, concerning the different phases of muricidal behaviour. Magnesium pidolate significantly increased the attack latency (P < 0.05). By repeating the muricidal assays, we showed that magnesium pidolate treated rats had a muricidal behaviour rate which was lower than that of the other magnesium salt-treated rat groups. Consequently, it can be assumed that all the magnesium salts used had an acute anti-muricidal, perhaps anti-stress, effect and that magnesium pidolate presented, on this experimental model the greatest efficacy.

Its the magnesium that reduces the neurotoxicity of pyroglutamate, but it is still mildly neurotoxic even combined with magnesium. The seizures were reduced by magnesium not by pyroglutamate. This study was also done with rats instead of in vivo humans. Granted I do site some animal and in vitro studies in my work, but it isn't always completely accurate.

There are just so many better sources of magnesium for supplementation.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast