Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnesium Information and Extensive Protocol page 6

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle2006 View Post
    I've asked a couple of doctors, and I've been told to supplement with Vitamin D or get more sun (also tested for this and results were normal). Nothing seems to help. I would love to be able to figure out why my muscles are fatigued for no reason.
    I know magnesium oil is supposed to be better absorbed, but have you tried internal magnesium anyway? What about increasing your intake of foods higher in potassium?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

kyle2006 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I know magnesium oil is supposed to be better absorbed, but have you tried internal magnesium anyway? What about increasing your intake of foods higher in potassium?
    I've only tried Natural Calm for a couple of weeks, but stopped after hearing it's tough on the digestive system. I'm pretty sure I have leaky gut and maybe SIBO, so I think I have trouble absorbing magnesium through food. I'm going for the lactulose breath test next week to determine if I have SIBO. After reading about SIBO on here, I'm upset my GI never even considered leaky gut/SIBO and connected it to my thigh pain. I eat bananas throughout the week and I also eat lots of spinach, avocados and leafy greens.

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member
    Ron, do you know anything about Thompson Magnesium malate? I've been using this for about a year now. Definitely makes me very relaxed when taken at bedtime and creates a deeper sleep. Very noticeable deep sleep.

infrance is offline Junior Member
    I found it after going to the producer's site in France. The U.S. websites do not do a good job of searching if they do not recognize that it a foreign language. Marin in french stands for sea water - i.e., it is derived from natural magnesium in sea water and therefore probably corresponds to magnesium chloride. Many supplements in France are derived from their mineral rich sea waters which contain the minerals in their natural form, including magnesium, calcium, and the list goes on.

I had originally found the same search results you did, so I went to my French site and it came up easily. Thanks for responding though.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Any info on what magnesium is best for pms and cramps?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

jasperb is offline Member
    Good information in this thread, I'm gonna start supplementing magnesium.

secret agent girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle2006 View Post
    I've had muscle fatigue/soreness in my thighs when walking for the past year. After reading about magnesium, I assumed I was magnesium deficient, even though I was tested and my levels were normal (although I read that this test doesn't necessarily confirm whether one is deficient or not). I started transdermal magnesium about a month ago. I bought magnesium flakes on Amazon, dissolved them in boiling water, and made magnesium oil that I spray from a bottle. I apply it to my legs every night and rub it in good. I was hoping for good results, but my legs are still sore. I'm assuming this means magnesium isn't my issue.

I've asked a couple of doctors, and I've been told to supplement with Vitamin D or get more sun (also tested for this and results were normal). Nothing seems to help. I would love to be able to figure out why my muscles are fatigued for no reason.
    Could it be your foot gear or posture (+ time)? There are some shoes I don't do well walking far in. And walking is supposed to use the glutes more than the front of the leg muscles. Do your thighs hurt 360 or mostly in one area?

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    I've been researching glycinate and malate types. Hard to find something that meets the requirements of no fillers, and no asparate, and still have have a large enough mg size that I wouldn't have to take a handful of pills everyday. And not break the bank either.

The ones that >seem< to meet those needs (labels are not always viewable online) are not the brands Ron recommends. Thompson's seems to be such a brand.

Some of the brands recommended seem to come in small doses, such as 120mg, that if I followed his recommendations of higher doses for a few months, then down to 800mg (cause I do weight 200#+), that's a lot of pills. Other recommended brands seem to mix in asparate a lot too.

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member
    Thompson's Magnesium Malate has listed as other ingredients : Cellulose, stearic acid, and silica. And one serving is 2 pills for a total of 400mg of magnesium malate.

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle46N View Post
    Ron, do you know anything about Thompson Magnesium malate? I've been using this for about a year now. Definitely makes me very relaxed when taken at bedtime and creates a deeper sleep. Very noticeable deep sleep.
    Malate is fine. Normally it causes someone to have more energy and they should take it during the day. But if you can sleep good at night its fine.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast