Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnesium Information and Extensive Protocol page 5

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kot View Post
    Ron,
    What about soaking in the ocean, is it better or different than an epsom salt bath?
    If the water you are soaking in his a high magnesium content then yes it is either the same or better. High magnesium content hot springs exist. Other than that it is inferior.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

L0kI is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
    If you weigh more than 100 pounds 800mg of magnesium malate can be taken before bed for 3 months.
    Thank you... I will try this. After the three months, is there a steady state dose I should take? (I weigh ~170lbs)?

Thanks again!

L0kI is offline Senior Member
    One more quick question... forgive me if this is a stupid question. For the product at the link below, it says that it contains 1000mg of Mg Malate, but when you read the details it says 150 Mg of elemental Mg. Which of those numbers am I to use? If I take one capsule, is that 1000mg or 150mg?

Now MAGNESIUM MALATE 1000MG - 180 TABS - JOINT SUPPLEMENTS - MINERALS - MINERALS - MINERALS - National Nutrition

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L0kI View Post
    One more quick question... forgive me if this is a stupid question. For the product at the link below, it says that it contains 1000mg of Mg Malate, but when you read the details it says 150 Mg of elemental Mg. Which of those numbers am I to use? If I take one capsule, is that 1000mg or 150mg?

Now MAGNESIUM MALATE 1000MG - 180 TABS - JOINT SUPPLEMENTS - MINERALS - MINERALS - MINERALS - National Nutrition
    The elemental magnesium is what matters. If you take once capsule it would be 150 mg of magnesium.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

infrance is offline Junior Member

Magnesium Supplements

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
    The elemental magnesium is what matters. If you take once capsule it would be 150 mg of magnesium.
    I have a question on Magnesium Marin. Fitoform in France sells this as a supplement. Looking at your posts of recommended/not recommended sources, I do not find any reference to this type. I am assuming that this is the magnesium obtained from water sources, but can you respond with the type of magnesium this relate to and the quality?

Thanks

kyle2006 is offline Member
    I've had muscle fatigue/soreness in my thighs when walking for the past year. After reading about magnesium, I assumed I was magnesium deficient, even though I was tested and my levels were normal (although I read that this test doesn't necessarily confirm whether one is deficient or not). I started transdermal magnesium about a month ago. I bought magnesium flakes on Amazon, dissolved them in boiling water, and made magnesium oil that I spray from a bottle. I apply it to my legs every night and rub it in good. I was hoping for good results, but my legs are still sore. I'm assuming this means magnesium isn't my issue.

I've asked a couple of doctors, and I've been told to supplement with Vitamin D or get more sun (also tested for this and results were normal). Nothing seems to help. I would love to be able to figure out why my muscles are fatigued for no reason.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by infrance View Post
    I have a question on Magnesium Marin. Fitoform in France sells this as a supplement. Looking at your posts of recommended/not recommended sources, I do not find any reference to this type. I am assuming that this is the magnesium obtained from water sources, but can you respond with the type of magnesium this relate to and the quality?

Thanks
    Hi there, I'd never heard of this form of magnesium before so I looked it up. It's listed as something used for fish tanks, not for people. I suppose without any information to the contrary, it's not one I'd recommend, but I'm not an expert/doctor.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle2006 View Post
    I've asked a couple of doctors, and I've been told to supplement with Vitamin D or get more sun (also tested for this and results were normal). Nothing seems to help. I would love to be able to figure out why my muscles are fatigued for no reason.
    I know magnesium oil is supposed to be better absorbed, but have you tried internal magnesium anyway? What about increasing your intake of foods higher in potassium?
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

kyle2006 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I know magnesium oil is supposed to be better absorbed, but have you tried internal magnesium anyway? What about increasing your intake of foods higher in potassium?
    I've only tried Natural Calm for a couple of weeks, but stopped after hearing it's tough on the digestive system. I'm pretty sure I have leaky gut and maybe SIBO, so I think I have trouble absorbing magnesium through food. I'm going for the lactulose breath test next week to determine if I have SIBO. After reading about SIBO on here, I'm upset my GI never even considered leaky gut/SIBO and connected it to my thigh pain. I eat bananas throughout the week and I also eat lots of spinach, avocados and leafy greens.

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ron, do you know anything about Thompson Magnesium malate? I've been using this for about a year now. Definitely makes me very relaxed when taken at bedtime and creates a deeper sleep. Very noticeable deep sleep.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast