Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnesium Information and Extensive Protocol page 4

L0kI is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Ron
    Fantastic post... I really needed this.

So, I have chronic pain (Fibro most likely but what's the point of a fibro diagnosis, it's a garbage can... my mom has it, I have chronic pain, my doctor thinks it's Fibro, but I've never gone to a rheumatologist to get poked).

Anyway, would I be correct in the assumption I should take the Malate version (due to the similarities between chronic pain conditions and chronic fatigue?)

I was also hoping that it would help with sleep, which is something that seems to help pain by proxy, but I see that Malate is meant to be taken during the day... Can you comment on that? Currently I take amytryptalene for sleep, but my long-game is to get off of it if I can normalize some stuff with Primal/Paleo/supplements.

Thoughts?

Currently taking 300mg of Citrate...

Great post, very useful details, thank you for that.

I've been taking Magnesium Citrate for a week or two (NOW brand, I was glad to see them mentioned as a trusted company, Source Naturals too as most of my other supplements come from them, plus one from Jarrow), I'm feeling a lot better generally, I think it definitely helped with some recent sleep trouble, even though it's not the form most suited for that purpose apparently. I might have to try some of the other forms to see which works best.

The effect-specific breakdown was very helpful, especially because I had been considering ZMA (which uses magnesium aspartate), I'm glad I settled on individual zinc and magnesium supps, even if citrate might not be optimal for me, it seems that it's definitely better than aspartate.

Do you know which (if any) form of magnesium can help with hormones, testosterone boosting specifically? Is there a specific form that interacts well with zinc? Typically it seems that people would recommend aspartate for that.

I've been taking optizinc/monomethione, I typically take it hours away from the magnesium if possible, I had read that they actually absorb better when taken separately, even though they work together. Also, how much cross-over would you say there is between different the different forms of magnesium with respect to this? Will the citrate form do anything for this?

Koobs is offline Member
    The type of magnesium that has had the most immediate benefits for me is magnesium oil that you spray on your skin. I believe its magnesium chloride. The stuff is amazing. Helps me sleep and gives me very vivid dreams.

secret agent girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    The type of magnesium that has had the most immediate benefits for me is magnesium oil that you spray on your skin. I believe its magnesium chloride. The stuff is amazing. Helps me sleep and gives me very vivid dreams.
    Who sells this--and is it actually oily? How do you know how much to spray on?

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secret agent girl View Post
    Who sells this--and is it actually oily? How do you know how much to spray on?
    This is the best! Monday Health & Wellness: Magnesium Lotion | Modern Alternative Mama

No mag oil itch.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    I'd like to try making that recipe. What kind of store would I look for to get the ingredients of avocado oil, unrefined shea butter, and beeswax?

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secret agent girl View Post
    I'd like to try making that recipe. What kind of store would I look for to get the ingredients of avocado oil, unrefined shea butter, and beeswax?
    avocado oil @ any health food store, but you can also use olive oil, which I use, or macadamia nut oil. I have also found beesewax there, but you can definitely score some on amazon. Shea butter or cocoa butter (they both work) @ amazon or sometimes health food stores. I love that lotion! Also the one modification I do is use a a whole double batch of mag oil (1 cup mag and 1/2 cup h2o dissolved) in the lotion so it is a a bit less creamy. And I use a, immersion blender.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Yeah, the immersion blender sounds like a really good idea!

Health food stores...like Vitamin Shoppe? GNC? Or maybe Whole Foods? There's a local co-op called Lakewinds, they might have some of these items, hmm.

I was hoping to make some before we go on an upcoming trip, but I can't find the mag. chl. flakes locally--and I live in a large metro area! I think I must be looking at the wrong stores...

PS: is the 'unrefined' important in shea butter?

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Supplement with magnesium orotate for muscle recovery.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L0kI View Post
    Hi Ron
    Fantastic post... I really needed this.

So, I have chronic pain (Fibro most likely but what's the point of a fibro diagnosis, it's a garbage can... my mom has it, I have chronic pain, my doctor thinks it's Fibro, but I've never gone to a rheumatologist to get poked).

Anyway, would I be correct in the assumption I should take the Malate version (due to the similarities between chronic pain conditions and chronic fatigue?)

I was also hoping that it would help with sleep, which is something that seems to help pain by proxy, but I see that Malate is meant to be taken during the day... Can you comment on that? Currently I take amytryptalene for sleep, but my long-game is to get off of it if I can normalize some stuff with Primal/Paleo/supplements.

Thoughts?

Currently taking 300mg of Citrate...
    If you weigh more than 100 pounds 800mg of magnesium malate can be taken before bed for 3 months.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast