Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "I could never do that." page 4

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The surest way to be criticized, lectured, looked down on and otherwise hated is to mention this way of eating. Don't do it. Mark's website is a master of search engine optimization so they'll come across the info soon enough.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    I asked my wife to read the PB book, but she got kinda stuffy about it. She "believes" in weight watchers. I guess I'll just have to show her the results as we go along.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I ran into a friend today and she inquired and followed with the "wow, no bread"....

BUT, I mentioned that I would eat something like a steak with a side of buttered spinach or a sweet potato with butter or green beans cooked in coconut milk. And bacon and eggs. And all sorts of really good stuff.

She kind of got the trade off.

I think most people envision typical diet food (chicken breast, steamed veggies AND no bread). They don't realize the obscene goodness of mixing fat and veggies.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    It helps to follow "no bread" with "unlimited bacon". :P

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    I could never do this without bacon. It's become a condiment/garnishment. I put it on everything.

astromom is offline Member
    I used to be someone who thought I couldn't do primal. A good friend went primal several months ago. The last time I saw him, he'd become quite evangelical about it, plus he looked considerably more fit than I did compared to the last time and I'd run a marathon in the meantime. So I decided to try it and now I'm the evangelist. Of course DH's family keeps telling me multiple times a day that we'll both gain it all back when we go off our "diet". They can't understand that it is a lifestyle change. Maybe they'll change their minds as time passes and our results don't go away. A few friends have been interested and one said she'd try it.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Just hit them with this Marlo quote...

You want it to be one way. - YouTube
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Most people my age and younger have zero kitchen confidence. They don't savor the commercial food and actually complain about how gross it is but they draw a blank on how to feed themselves without it.
    34//6'3"/180

Lots of: urban hiking, cycling, sprinting
    Lots of: fresh meat, seafood, eggs, organs, tubers, starch fruits, vegetables, meat fat, dairy fat, oil fruits
    Some: cured meat, dairy protein, sweet fruits, rice, pulses, tree nuts, oil seeds
    Minimal: soy, refined proteins, sugar, liquid carbohydrate, grains, refined oils, peanuts

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I had a friend berate me about staring primal a few months ago. He challenged everything Mark said. He decided to "get in shape" too. He started calorie restricting and running.

He is fatter now then he was then and I am losing more fat everyday. He still thinks this diet is stupid.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I had a friend berate me about staring primal a few months ago. He challenged everything Mark said. He decided to "get in shape" too. He started calorie restricting and running.

He is fatter now then he was then and I am losing more fat everyday. He still thinks this diet is stupid.
    I hope you are giving him a shit-ton of shit about that....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast