Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picnic at Work? page

NATLES is offline Member

Picnic at Work?

Shop Now
    Hey All,

We are having a staff appreciation picnic tomorrow at work. I have to go and they are providing lunch. BBQ beef sandwiches, chips, beans and pasta salad. Definitely NOT primal minus the meat maybe. What would you all suggest I do? My hubby suggested eating the BBQ by itself and taking myself a salad.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Your hubby is wise. Bring a primal dessert, too.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Are they grilling anything? For work events, I always opt in for a hamburger patty, and toss the bun.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking that if I ever enter the professional work force again, I'm going to invent a religion and blame all my "weird" food quirks on it. Cave-olicism might work. Or maybe I'll invent a medical condition and use that.

Your husband has a good idea.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Make a big salad and add it to the buffet for whoever wants some. You can't possibly be the only person who would appreciate some veggies.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

NATLES is offline Member
    The big salad is a great idea BUT there will be over 100 people there, I work for a large university!! I think I will take my salad and some dark chocolate just for me!! he he he

NATLES is offline Member
    JoanieL- I have thought this many times myself. When you say you are doing something for religious reasons people leave you alone it seems, no one wants to question that lol!!

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    If you are celiac well meaning people will still try to cook for you. Just eat the meat and some chips and call it good enough (unless you are actually celiac).

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    I don't understand the idea that just because someone else is paying for food, you should eat it. I would just take my own meal, so I know the meat isn't contaminated with something unsafe. I do it to work functions all the time. Most people don't notice. Those who do comment, often tell me my food looks nicer than theirs. The more brazen you are, the less people are likely to give you a hard time about it. Look at your food, then look at theirs and say ' I think I win' with a cheesy grin.

NATLES is offline Member
    Love that attitude Bifcus!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast