Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: But i love my raw milk...... page

Annie1962 is offline Member

But i love my raw milk......

Okay, I read the book and have been primal for sometime and doing well...I do drink "RAW MILK" I have been doing so for almost a year, it is so good and full of vitamins and minerals ect....when I see that we should drink less milk or no milk, I am wondering why....is it commercial dead milk that we are talking about? Also I make butter from the raw cream and it goes on just about everything. Is it because it's not primal enough? if so, do we really know that our caveman ancestors didn't drink it, I know that my most recent ancestors did. I also believe in the Weston Price theory too, there were very healthy civilizations that mostly consumed their dairy products as their main foods, they thrived on it and were very strong, people. I think it has to be what works for us as individuals, we are all different. Just wondering if there is anyone else who questions the "RAW MILK" in the primal diet. RAW MILK and COMMERCIAL DEAD MILK are not the same.

Annie

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    I still do raw cream, 1 pint a week. I get a half gallon of raw milk every month or so, to make yogurt.

I will not stop. It makes me happy, and I used to drink about a 1/2 gallon of milk A DAY pre-PB. So uh, Im doing much better. Hehe.

I know milk has about 12g sugar per cup though, so I think that may be a worry. Also, some people are intolerant to milk on a low level as well. I cut dairy for 2 weeks then drank it again just to see. Im am SO tolerant... whew!
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with drinking raw milk. If you're worried about the sugar, drink it around a workout or in the morning.

In my opinion the benefits outweigh any "negative" of the sugar in the raw milk.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Right on................that is what I needed to hear. I did go off it a couple of different times to see if it made a difference in anything, I found that I can totally tolerate it too and have not gained weight by drinking it, matter of fact, I have done very well with my weight loss since drinking it, it fills me up and instead of reaching for something far more worse I will sip a 1/2 glass of Raw Milk and be totally satisfied......but am I bad because it is not primal enough? or I am not totally following the PB plan...

Annie
    Last edited by Annie1962; 05-20-2010 at 09:46 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Dairy affects different people differently. If it doesn't give you any problems, drink it.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Consider yourself lucky. I would love to be able to include more dairy in my diet. drink up.

In my research on "Raw Milk" people who are lactose intolerant can usually drink "Raw Cow's Milk" it has the enzymes in it that digest the Lactose, which pasteurized dead milk does not, I absolutely love the fresh taste of Raw Milk and am so fortunate to not have any problems with it.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    The only issue that I take with raw milk is that it's carby and I try to keep my carbs as low as possible. I'm not allergic to it at all, but anything that resembles a carb source gets cut out of my diet sooner or later.

Hi Daemonized ,

How does that work for you cutting out anything that resembles a carb source, are you staying around the 50-100g amount? Just wondering, I am new to this and a bit afraid of going that low, low.....I guess I have that SAD brainwashing...... I do manage to stay under the 100g amount which is a 100x's better that I used to be.

Annie

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Raw milk is apparently healthy and not problematic for people with lactose intolerance due to the lactobacteria and other little buggers. Pasteurized milk on the other hand is terrible. Even if it's organic it's still garbage.

There's also the issue of casein. I don't know how milk being raw resolves the casein issue if at all so an intolerance test would be a good idea.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast