Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on an immediate food reaction? page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks you all. Yesterday all I ate was a big bowl of beef bone broth and water with some ACV in it. I'm feeling somewhat better. I think at this point I'm in denial that I might never be able to eat fish again. Anyway, I'm going to do something pretty strict for a month or two and then make an appointment with an allergist.

I guess the good news is this happened before I placed an order for 20 pounds of salmon. sigh...
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Hang on a minute, Joanie. Just because one kind of fish bothered you doesn't mean all fish is out. Perhaps it is just that particular type. Perhaps the oil it was packed in wasn't really olive oil (remember that post about the fake oils?). Perhaps the ones you got were farmed with something nasty like soy pellets to eat.

Don't go getting fish-phobic before you know what is really going on.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    ^Seconded.

Make the allergist appointment NOW and get some bloodwork, see if it's the fish, the oil, or what. Some people are even allergic to stuff that things are jarred or canned in, like the material lining the jar lid, for instance.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    you might just be sensitive to domoic acid or may have been unlucky enough to have a tin whose occupants were high in the stuff
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 06-12-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks all. I'm only freaking a little. I think the episode kind of was a wake up call on how cavalier I was getting. I have a couple of theories as to why it happened, from allergy to that specific fish, all the way up to the idea that maybe I've gone overboard on fish and fish products. Sardines, salmon, shrimp, squid, nori, and recently I added a fish oil capsule.

Today I had white rice with bone broth and coconut aminos, and tonight I'm having bone marrow. Tomorrow or Friday, I'll stock up on things like yogurt, kefir, and sweet potatoes.

The reason I'm waiting a month or two to see the allergist is that on the off-chance I did this to myself with my excesses, I'll see if I can heal myself back up with what I consider the healthiest (or in the case of rice, the nullest) foods possible.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12