Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plantar Fascitis anyone? page 2

Vega is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I had a problem a couple of years back with plantar fasciitis. I started reading various things about Vibrams and barefoot walking, and started trying to do exercises and what they call "fox walking" where you land on the ball of your foot instead of the heel. I don't remember how long it took, but the plantar fasciitis went away and never returned.

Here's an article talking more about all this:

Why Ditching Your Shoes for Exercise Might be Healthier

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    I also agree with the trigger point therapy. I had painful PF for about 6 months and mentioned it to my massage therapist. She found a trigger point in my calf. It hurt like hell when she took it out, but my foot quit hurting the very next day. I guess there are many things that cause PF though.

NATLES is offline Member
    I am currently wearing Brooks and I have a pair of Okabashi flip flops that I wear. They are okay for a few days but can't wear them if I will be walking alot. The Brooks are super comfy but I had a strained inner thigh muscle a while back and it seems when I wear the Brooks it starts hurting a little. They are the high end Brooks cost about $110 and were specially fit to my fit at a specialty store although my feet don't hurt when I wear them but still having PF symptoms here and there.

NATLES is offline Member
    I may make an appt with my massage therapist to work on my legs. I worked on them myself today and it did hurt like hell in the leg with PF.

NATLES is offline Member
    I have been wearing $110 Brooks, specially fitted to my feet and Okabasi sandals. These are not so comfortable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12