Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Please help my poor fat husband page 7

jackmormon is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    My lexicon is expanding. Paleotard and Peat-tard. Keep 'em coming!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Honestly, I'd do a Whole 30 just to rule out any issues with the dairy or beer.
    This will also decrease the consumption of bacon and such shit. It's delicious, sure, but who can ever eat less than 400 cals of bacon in one sitting? Not I.

I would also advice something like yoga, tell him to make 30 minutes available for that if he won't lift. It'll help him de-stress as well.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Linny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMum View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm not sure about the recommendations to get tests done at the doctor - we're in the UK and you can't really get that sort of stuff done on the NHS. His doctor wants to put him on weight-loss pills (don't worry, there's no way we would go for that). We had a long chat about it last night with the upshot that he's either going to try some IF or maybe a combination of LC and calorie-control. I'm also going to keep working on him to take more exercise. Fingers crossed!
    Find a private practicing Functional Doctor. Their fees aren't very high but they will help get testing done. He really needs thyroid, cortisol and hormone testing before you start implementing drastic changes to his diet.

PaleoMum is offline Member
    Hi everybody - I know it's been a long time, but I just wanted to thank you all again. My husband had his thyroid checked out and it is very low and probably has been for some time. Pills for life, but at least we know what's going on. Cheers!

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Thyroid labs will give a false low for many people, especially on VLC. I assume the doctor did the lazy, partial thryroid test?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

PaleoMum is offline Member
    Don't know, but I do know that a few weeks on he is starting to lose weight!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567