Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke... One day at a time. Well maybe. :) page 9

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    No-Salt is another bad habit I need to nix. Yeah, it's the pink Himalayan sea salt. Is that the right kind? Or the grey?

Zach is offline Banned
    I use the celtic gray stuff, it has more flavor and the pink color is from oxidized iron which some say isnt good.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Confession Time:

Too much insulin= low blood sugar. Low blood sugar + stress= binge. That's what just went down.

It happened over a 2 hour period when I got to work and it was with crap food. I'm thankful that I was able to separate myself from the situation and am now on here journaling. It wasn't a horrible binge but a binge non the less. I'm full but not sickly full.

After splurging yesterday, I had plans to get back on track today. I went to the gym this morning. Then had a good breakfast. I gave to much insulin for breakfast so by the time I got to work my blood sugar was low. I have no doubt that low blood sugars are what triggers the binges. If I had not gotten stressed I probably would have reached for my banana though.

Now that I on here typing this, I feel much better and I know I won't go back into the kitchen for the crap foods. I'm also noticing that its been easier to stop when they do happen. Maybe my body getting tired of it? I know emotionally I'm tired of it.

YogaBare, thanks for the water tip. When I stopped, I drank a couple of glasses of water (I was very thirsty) and took some niacinamide and tri-chromium. That helped make a separation. I feel relieved right now.
    Hey hon, I'm so glad you're getting some relief from the journalling. I think the combination of the open confession, plus the organisation of thoughts, plus the feedback / support from readers makes it extremely therapeutic. I joke sometimes that my journal is like a magic box, where I pour in my neurosis and they get transmuted

Anyway, I totally agree that some binges are caused by low blood sugar. Sometimes this can be triggered by stress, or sometimes poor quality foods. Sometimes too many carbs can do it for me. I'm glad that you drank some water and managed to separate yourself.

I also recommend trying sparkling water, coconut water and taking a magnesium supp. One time I really wanted to binge on cashew nuts, took a mg supp, and the urge was gone. It's a complicated thing, and it's not always psychological.

Hugs to you <3
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

June 25th, 2013

Hey y'all!!!!

Thyroid Stuff:
    I've read a few posts on MDA about rt3. I think it's a possibility I may have an issue. I was on T4 only meds up until Oct. 2012. My rt3 ratio result is 8.9, (that's from back in Oct). I have no idea what that means.

If I do have a rt3 issue, I'm pretty sure can be cleared up with T3 only... I'm on NDT, a combination of all the T's but it's mainly T3. I haven't had my rt3 checked since Oct and I didn't know that I needed to. If this is what's going on, it would explain so much! I'm tempted to just go ahead and order the Cynomel.

All this thyroid stuff!! Just when I think I've got it figured out... I realize I don't. But at least I keep pressing on.

Body Temps:
    Everyday, I leave the gym drenched in sweat. Last summer I could hardly break a sweat even after sprints.... I had very, very low T3 then. I can remember having chills alot last summer. I feel really warm all the time and I'm not that sensitive to cold and heat... so that's good too. I wonder if it has a little to do with the warm weather...

Other stuff:
    I've noticed that when I eat 4oz of goat cheese for a meal that my pulse rate goes up more than other meals.

My nails are growing like crazy. I have anywhere from 1 TBS to 4 TBS of gelatin a day. Maybe it's a combo of improved thyroid hormone levels, the gelatin and the Metanx.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Definitely order cynomel. Doctors carelessly prescribe synthroid(t4), especially to women, who already have a more difficult time converting t4 into t3 because of hormones.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Definitely order cynomel. Doctors carelessly prescribe synthroid(t4), especially to women, who already have a more difficult time converting t4 into t3 because of hormones.
    Right now I take 3 and 3/4 grains naturethroid. How much do you think I should take a day until the rt3 is corrected? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the 75mcg or the 25mcg... what do you think?

I think that's probably too much t4 from the naturethroid. Definitely just do 25mcg split up throughout the day. Pay attention to your heart rate, and if you get heart palps, considering lowering the dose. Also, while on t3, definitely get a lot more nutrients and electrolytes, but don't overdo the salt(I feel like shit if I come anywhere near even 4g of sodium per day now)

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Body Temps:
    Everyday, I leave the gym drenched in sweat. Last summer I could hardly break a sweat even after sprints.... I had very, very low T3 then. I can remember having chills alot last summer. I feel really warm all the time and I'm not that sensitive to cold and heat... so that's good too. I wonder if it has a little to do with the warm weather...

Other stuff:
    I've noticed that when I eat 4oz of goat cheese for a meal that my pulse rate goes up more than other meals.

My nails are growing like crazy. I have anywhere from 1 TBS to 4 TBS of gelatin a day. Maybe it's a combo of improved thyroid hormone levels, the gelatin and the Metanx.
    Hey Brooke, since I changed things up I have been sweating and have been hot a lot more also. Might have to do with the summer also, so I'm not positive.

My hair has been growing pretty rapidly, maybe from the gelatin as well.

Also, I picked up some goat cheese, gonna try it tomorrow. Last I remember I didn't like it! Maybe I will like it better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I think that's probably too much t4 from the naturethroid. Definitely just do 25mcg split up throughout the day. Pay attention to your heart rate, and if you get heart palps, considering lowering the dose. Also, while on t3, definitely get a lot more nutrients and electrolytes, but don't overdo the salt(I feel like shit if I come anywhere near even 4g of sodium per day now)
    My sodium is usually between 1500 and 2500 most days. Ok, I'm going to buy the 3 bottles of the 25mcg then. I hope it gets here soon.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH DERP!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Hey Brooke, since I changed things up I have been sweating and have been hot a lot more also. Might have to do with the summer also, so I'm not positive.

My hair has been growing pretty rapidly, maybe from the gelatin as well.

Also, I picked up some goat cheese, gonna try it tomorrow. Last I remember I didn't like it! Maybe I will like it better now.
    Plain goat cheese is good with chocolate and/or fruit. The kind I ate today had cherries and honey already in it and it was for a local farmer... nom nom!

My sodium is usually between 1500 and 2500 most days. Ok, I'm going to buy the 3 bottles of the 25mcg then. I hope it gets here soon.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH DERP!!!!

Plain goat cheese is good with chocolate and/or fruit. The kind I ate today had cherries and honey already in it and it was for a local farmer... nom nom!

did you order from mymexicandrugstore? Probably will take 3-4 weeks to get to Tennessee, blame the customs.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast