Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke... One day at a time. Well maybe. :) page 8

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow, he should of at least flirted AFTER he was done drawing blood.

I'm still confused about the heart rate thing. I can believe excessive endurance training can negatively effect thyroid and metabolism, but what about moderate exercise? I always associated being fit with a low heart rate. Me and my teammates used to brag about our super low heart rates haha.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Just took mine, its 63-64. A few months ago it was usually ~52. I guess this is good?
    Try taking your temp consistently for a couple weeks. I find a higher pulse goes with a higher temp and i certainly feel worlds better when i am at a high temp. For refrence my temp is 98.8 now and resting pulse is 70. Baxk in the hypo days i was in the 97s and 50-60.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Confession Time:

Too much insulin= low blood sugar. Low blood sugar + stress= binge. That's what just went down.

It happened over a 2 hour period when I got to work and it was with crap food. I'm thankful that I was able to separate myself from the situation and am now on here journaling. It wasn't a horrible binge but a binge non the less. I'm full but not sickly full.

After splurging yesterday, I had plans to get back on track today. I went to the gym this morning. Then had a good breakfast. I gave to much insulin for breakfast so by the time I got to work my blood sugar was low. I have no doubt that low blood sugars are what triggers the binges. If I had not gotten stressed I probably would have reached for my banana though.

Now that I on here typing this, I feel much better and I know I won't go back into the kitchen for the crap foods. I'm also noticing that its been easier to stop when they do happen. Maybe my body getting tired of it? I know emotionally I'm tired of it.

YogaBare, thanks for the water tip. When I stopped, I drank a couple of glasses of water (I was very thirsty) and took some niacinamide and tri-chromium. That helped make a separation. I feel relieved right now.

One problem I'm realizing I have is that I over bolus sometimes bc I'm scared of getting a high blood sugar. It doesn't matter if I just ate a hugacious meal, if my blood sugar level drops I feel hungry. I guess it's the body's defense mechanism so the low blood sugar can be corrected.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about the binge, that is good news though that you were able to stop yourself before you felt sick. I had a binge last night as well, and I'm fine today. It's just another day, you'll feel great again later.

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    It's just another day, you'll feel great again later.
    Thanks Max

I'm fuller than I would like to be right now but feeling better later is what I'm looking for to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Try taking your temp consistently for a couple weeks. I find a higher pulse goes with a higher temp and i certainly feel worlds better when i am at a high temp. For refrence my temp is 98.8 now and resting pulse is 70. Baxk in the hypo days i was in the 97s and 50-60.
    Hey Zach! Right now my pulse rate is 85... Is there any way besides over eating to raise pulse and body temp.

Zach is offline Banned
    Sodium to water/potassium ratio, eating the four S's (salt, sugar, starch, saturated fat), eliminating inflammatory foods that raise stress hormones and also keeping stress low in general.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    brooke, I'm so glad that you are feeling more comfortable in your journal and can confess here. Doesn't it help with the emotional part of it?

I'm sorry you had to go through a binge, I also went through something similar last night due to stress and not being able to eat for a long time so I got overly hungry. It's okay though, we'll both brush ourselves off and jump back on the healthy band wagon ASAP! I know, personally, that eating crappy foods don't help with anything, including my mood, so from now on I really want to try and give myself the best nutrition. Maybe it'll help me to cope with stress if I'm well nourished? Hugs to you!

p.s. what does niacinamide and tri-chromium do post-binge? Or was it just unrelated? <3!
    I almost didn't see this post! Thanks Ci.

It does help! In a way, I can use this to hold myself accountable and everyone is so encouraging. Having people to confess to, that understand helps to lift the burden. I'm so thankful for everyone here!

B vitamins help with stress too... Do you take a b supplement?

The tri-chromium helps your body use insulin and it also has cinnamon in it which does the same. I forgot what niacinamide does... Lol! Derp can answer that question. Those are the supps I take at lunch so it was just habit. It also helped me feel as if I was cutting of the binge by doing something healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Sodium to water/potassium ratio, eating the four S's (salt, sugar, starch, saturated fat), eliminating inflammatory foods that raise stress hormones and also keeping stress low in general.
    I'm normally really sensitive to salt... Meaning water retention. I use No-salt. It's potassium chloride. Do you think I use use salt instead and my body will eventually stop retaining water from it?

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I'm normally really sensitive to salt... Meaning water retention. I use No-salt. It's potassium chloride. Do you think I use use salt instead and my body will eventually stop retaining water from it?
    Sounds like a hypo problem, just talked to Om about this. You were using sea salt, correct? I definitely would not use potassium salt.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast