Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke... One day at a time. Well maybe. :)

Shop Now
    If I order 3 bottles of 25mcg (100 tablets per bottle)... Do you think they will go bad before I use them. Should I just get the 1 bottle?

Darn hypothyroidism... I'm so indecisive!

It'd be fine, think mine expires in 3 years. And, nope, no referral
    Make America Great Again

Brooke, PMd you.

Sounds like a fun experiment. I've increased my salt intake dramatically the last 2 months as well. I've gotten very used to it, and salt EVERYTHING. Can you get potassium from bananas instead?

Do you ever notice water retention from the salt? Do you feel better?

I eat bananas but it doesn't seem enough. Once my body gets used to the extra salt, I might try to wean off of the No-Salt.

I have been putting on fat and some muscle slowly so I can't really tell if I'm retaining water. I feel better too, but it might be from a lot of other factors as well.

I think that's a myth, based on brief research of it. Without enough sodium, serum albumin is unable to keep water from leaving the blood and entering the tissues, which in theory would cause water retention. It's also correlated with hormones, and levels of potassium, magnesium, calcium, etc;
    Make America Great Again

Yea, i would think salt would do the opposite and dry you out a bit. Thats my experience anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yea, i would think salt would do the opposite and dry you out a bit. Thats my experience anyway.
    Salt has the opposite effect to water than you might realise, salt and water are attracted to each other, so your body uses salt to retain water. If your down on salt levels your also down on water levels.
    I also just read that healthy kidneys can filter out and excrete 6 pounds of salt a day. I would tend to keep salt levels high and any excess let your body excrete, rather than try and consciously control salt levels and risk being too low on salt. If your kidneys are bunk then you might have to do some configuring of salt levels.

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    Salt has the opposite effect to water than you might realise, salt and water are attracted to each other, so your body uses salt to retain water. If your down on salt levels your also down on water levels.
    I also just read that healthy kidneys can filter out and excrete 6 pounds of salt a day. I would tend to keep salt levels high and any excess let your body excrete, rather than try and consciously control salt levels and risk being too low on salt. If your kidneys are bunk then you might have to do some configuring of salt levels.

Sent from my iPhone
    I understand that salt holds water. When most people say they are bloated from salt, they mean their skin looks puffy. Usually salt would draw the water inward and give you a dryer more lean look, vascular, etc.