Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke... One day at a time. Well maybe. :) page 7

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    It's only exacerbated by the fact that my sister is naturally of the "victim" mentality. She feels "put upon" by life. I just roll my eyes.
    Ugh :/

It's hard to be close to anyone with a victim mentality. I have lots of experience with that but I'm not even going there tonight! lol

Ok, A couple of quick things about today...

I'm so glad I stuck it out for an hour on the treadmill today. Even though I didn't go as hard as I used to.

I realized at the gym this morning that I was clenching my teeth slightly. I also do this at night. It's getting worse. I wonder if it's from the pack of gum I chew a day?

I was going to only chew 3 pieces of gum today BUT... that didn't happen.

I decided to change things up a little in my eating/meal timing today. I usually eat around the same times everyday and it's usually the same foods. So today I took a huge banana, a small banana and a cucumber with me to work. I ate the small banana when my blood sugar dropped and the huge one and cucumber for lunch. A typical meal for me would have been say... steamed frozen carrots with a can of tuna and coconut oil. I think my body is used to all my routines.

I seemed to have more energy when I got off work than normal.... wonder if it was from the change in my eating?

Anybody else watching "The Bachelorette"? It's soooo dumb but for some reason it's been on in the background of all my internet surfing tonight. I mean... if that girl were somewhere other than on a tv show, would all these guys be falling in love with her? Really?!

dilberryhoundog is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I decided to change things up a little in my eating/meal timing today. I usually eat around the same times everyday and it's usually the same foods. So today I took a huge banana, a small banana and a cucumber with me to work. I ate the small banana when my blood sugar dropped and the huge one and cucumber for lunch. A typical meal for me would have been say... steamed frozen carrots with a can of tuna and coconut oil. I think my body is used to all my routines.

I seemed to have more energy when I got off work than normal.... wonder if it was from the change in my eating?
    Booyah!!!
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

I'm heading into Nashville now. I'm going to try and stay gluten free. I have enzymes just in case. There's a restaurant we're going to that gets bread from a local gluten and soy free bakery.

It's a beautiful day in Tennessee to make a day trip!

It's been a very good day. We ate at Mad Donna's in Nashville. I had a burger with gluten free bread and sweet potato fries.... So good! I'm all for a bun-less burger but it was nice to eat a burger with a bun.

Then we went to a huge mall in town.... I did some major speed walking. Haha
    I had to see how many stores I could go into as fast as I could. Got some underthings, a couple of dresses and a couple if bodycon style dresses that I will actually wear as a tops.

Went to TJ's and Wholefoods.

Today was my belated birthday celebration so we HAD to eat dinner out too. I had a good dinner but I let loose a little more and even allowed myself dessert. Not gluten free but it was topped with Haagen daz! I took some gluten digest enzymes. Used to, that would have stressed me out but I'm not as easily stressed these days about food. THAT'S A GREAT THING!

All that fast walking in the mall did my body good. As of right now my blood sugar is 89... I did good with timing my insulin right and not stressing about food.

Tomorrow I will have plenty of energy for the gym.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a really good trip. And hey, Haagan Daz is some healthy stuff, no need to feel guilty anyway . It is nice not to stress out over food too. I've come to believe stressing over the food is worse than eating "bad" foods in the first place.

Thanks Max! I've come to believe the same.

I could have sat there worrying about what I was or wasn't putting in my mouth but I choose to enjoy dinner and time with my parents.

My pulse rate right now is 75. Usually it's 58-60 at this time of night.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Just took mine, its 63-64. A few months ago it was usually ~52. I guess this is good?

I would say so. I remember the first week I was on Armour thyroid I had my pulse taken at the ER and it was somewhere between 50 and 55. She asked if that was normal. I told her yes that I exercise alot. I had no clue back then. Lol

Btw... I wasn't at the ER bc of thyroid meds or anything. I went for lab work and the guy drawing blood started digging in my arm with the needle. I passed out 2x from it. He was so busy trying to flirt with me that he couldn't hit a vein. And my veins are hard to miss.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast