Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke... One day at a time. Well maybe. :) page 5

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    My mother always said; a joke is only a joke if both sides are laughing. You might of been laughing, but the other side (me and probably many others) where called fascists, not really funny.
    I also didn't know we where in a personality contest by participating in this forum. Even tho I would say my ZERO personality trumps your NEGATIVE personality.

Finally if non smoking freaks should stay at home if they want to avoid the smokers, then hi carb freaks should stay home if the low carbers want to get together and have a good time. In other words you go around here telling everyone their choice to eat a certain way is wrong, so something flagged my interest when I sensed you don't like people telling you your choice (smoking) is wrong. It's a bit hypocritical is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Welcome to my Pro-Carb Journal!! Haha

Really though, that's just Derp's humor. His joke didn't sway me to think that the people he referred to are fascists. And I don't smoke and I wasn't offended. I'm sorry that you were though.

Come on... At the of the day can't we all just get along? Us with are bananas and you with your lard.

Anyway, I read over the new thread you started. Can't wait to hear how people do with that protocol.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    thanks brooke :3

I just don't know why he jumped into another person's journal to post something snide towards me, I mean, honestly... I have my own journal he's welcome to shit up all he wants.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Come on... At the of the day can't we all just get along? Us with are bananas and you with your lard.
    Sure, as long as there is less than 5 grams of omega 6 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    thanks brooke :3

I just don't know why he jumped into another person's journal to post something snide towards me, I mean, honestly... I have my own journal he's welcome to shit up all he wants.
    I thought journals were safe places. Lol
    Zach had some drama in his journal the other week.

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Sure, as long as there is less than 5 grams of omega 6 a day.
    Pro-Carb and Anti-PUFA!

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member

Really though, that's just Derp's humor. His joke didn't sway me to think that the people he referred to are fascists. And I don't smoke and I wasn't offended. I'm sorry that you were though.

Anyway, I read over the new thread you started. Can't wait to hear how people do with that protocol.
    Hey sorry brooksam, for shitting up your thread. I PM'd Derp and sorted our spat somewhat. His hyperbole and personal attacks just gives me the shits sometimes. Pklopp (a very senior and respected community member) copped it big time from him the other day, So I thought he was fair game to give him a bit of his own medicine. Sorry for doing it on your thread.

Haha I'm actually a banana AND lard person. I'm all for pro/hi carb, just not every day of the week.

I do sympathise with your situation tho, it would be very difficult to get your organs (thyroid, pancreas) back online, if even possible. To get em working ya gotta use them, but to use them stresses them big. I guess it would be like recovering physically from a major accident. Slow progress over months and years.

Yeah the protocol I followed on my primal journey has been gettin a bit of interest of late (yogabear, ekatherine and others) due to its focus on repairing the metabolism instead of just running a calorie deficit or macro ratio. I had a metabolism that was under used coming from a SAD diet, not actually one with serious metabolic conditions so I'm not sure that I can be of much assistance for your case. Although others with more serious conditions might experiment with the idea and they could be of assistance later down the track.

A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I did a quick google search and a lot came up for, "chewing gum and bloating". It seems chewing gum can cause someone to swallow a lot of air and that can lead to bloating. Also, some sweeteners that may be used in sf gum can definitely cause bloating.

Another search about coffee also lists links that seem to indicate a connection between coffee and bloating. You might want to research these connections further.
    Thanks Marcadav... Yeah, there does seem to be a link. Another thing to try giving up <sigh>.

I think I have been kinda depressed. It seems like it doesn't take much to emotionally drain me.

I saw that post earlier. I have a hard time having set things I need to do because if my sugar drops, I'll need to eat something. I would probably get so anal about it that if my blood sugar got low I would just stop my insulin for hours instead of eating a piece of fruit because it would blow the all meat day or fasting dinner or whatever the protocol is. Can't wait to see how it turns out for you though!

Chin is up! Thanks sister!
    Yeah, I've gotten to the point that I'm afraid of diets cos they got me into this horrible mess in the first place. The only reason I'm prepared to try this is because it might make me healthier... Although that was the reason I tried all these other diets too Anyway, glad you'll be along for the journey

And you're welcome! Any time.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    Hey sorry brooksam, for shitting up your thread. I PM'd Derp and sorted our spat somewhat. His hyperbole and personal attacks just gives me the shits sometimes. Pklopp (a very senior and respected community member) copped it big time from him the other day, So I thought he was fair game to give him a bit of his own medicine. Sorry for doing it on your thread.

Haha I'm actually a banana AND lard person. I'm all for pro/hi carb, just not every day of the week.

I do sympathise with your situation tho, it would be very difficult to get your organs (thyroid, pancreas) back online, if even possible. To get em working ya gotta use them, but to use them stresses them big. I guess it would be like recovering physically from a major accident. Slow progress over months and years.

Yeah the protocol I followed on my primal journey has been gettin a bit of interest of late (yogabear, ekatherine and others) due to its focus on repairing the metabolism instead of just running a calorie deficit or macro ratio. I had a metabolism that was under used coming from a SAD diet, not actually one with serious metabolic conditions so I'm not sure that I can be of much assistance for your case. Although others with more serious conditions might experiment with the idea and they could be of assistance later down the track.

It's no biggie... sometimes I'm down for a little drama. haha

Years ago when I lost weight, my body did well with change. I was on a SAD diet and lost 30lbs over the course of 2 years. Maybe at some point I'll be able to be more flexible. I went so long without T3 and I think it did some damage that may take a bit more time to heal. I'm trying to be patient. I'm content with the fact that I'm not gaining and I'm not starving myself either.

I'm so completely full right now. Today was an off day at the gym and I spent most of the day with my family for Father's Day.

On the family front~
    My parents are still married and I have 1 sister. She's married and has 5 kids. I'm glad somebody was popping 'em out in the family. Our relationship is sometimes good and sometimes not so good. We're about 7 years apart so maybe that's why. We both experienced our parents in different ways sort of. We are total opposites in everyway. From the way we dress to our physical appearances. I'm the baby... but she's the perfect one. I was the black sheep up until 10 years ago until I made the decision to change.

On one hand there's me and I have my parents and I'm very thankful for them. On the other hand there's my sister. She has her husband and kids. She also has my parents. I have no husband, I have no kids and I'm fine with that. I don't want to be pregnant anyway, I've wanted to adopt since I was little. Not sure if that was before Steel Magnolias or after. lol

What I'm getting at is, the only family I have are my parents and it's not that way for my sister. I think she's gotten to a place that she understands that they are my only immediate family. It's just sad when jealousy comes between siblings.

Exercise~
    I've realized in the past week that I seem to fatigue more in my workouts. Even more so than before I was on Naturethroid. Last fall it wasn't anything for me to do sprints 2x a week, lift 2x a week and run hard 1-2x a week. I haven't done sprints in 2 weeks now! I wonder what could be effecting my energy levels during workouts?

I really want to be able to sprint tomorrow! I'm very sore today from the weights on Friday.

About the body~
    My weight seems to be staying the same. I haven't gained any in about 2 months. I've heard about weight set point and I better not have a new one!!! I'm up 8lbs from last May. I've gained some muscle since then so I would be happy with maybe 5 lbs. that's ALLLLL I'm asking for right now is 5lbs! lol

Most days my calories range from 1350-1700. And then I have a no count day. I need a day where I don't track everything I eat, a stress free day so to speak. Today was that day. If I don't have a higher calorie day about once a week I end up eating foods that are full of all kinds of crap! It's also hard for me to have the "full" feeling. Doctors prescribe a drug called Symlin for Type 1 diabetics that works like the hormone amylin. That's the hormone that makes you feel full. (as I understand it.) I think that's why I need the no count day. I'm not taking Symlin but I've had others tell me it works great for them.

Most likely, when I get on the scale in the morning it will be up a pound or 2 but it will be gone in about 2 days. At least that's what's been happening. MAYBE... I'll get on the scale tomorrow and I will be down a pound!! *wishful thinking*

It's not totally about a number on the scale. The clothes I could wear last summer are tight.... I've bought a couple of new things but funds aren't just super abundant right now.

Random~
    I would love a vacation. I'm usually a city girl... I love Chicago. I love New York. I've only been to both places once though. I love being able to walk everywhere in the city. I feel free doing that. Being stuck on a cruise ship would make me feel claustrophobic. <----Just had to look that work up to see how to spell it. I would even settle for Florida right now. I want to visit Texas at some point and CALI!

I'm going to head into Nashville later in the week. Not really sure what all I'll do, but I'm sure I'll hit up Trader Joe's and Wholefoods.

If anybody reading this lives in Nashville and needs a nanny/personal assistant, I'm your girl! And if you are reading this, that means that you and your family eat paleo... I'm a great cook. I can cook low carb or Ray Peat style.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Why do you feel competitive with your sister? Has she fostered this in some way or is it one sided?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast