Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 206

Thread: Brooke... One day at a time. Well maybe. :) page 4

  1. #31
    brooke.S.'s Avatar
    brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    IT sounds like you're doing better! I guess your issues are complicated cos' you're diabetic as well. How's your mood been - have you been depressed at all?

    I got my thyroid checked: my t4 was just below norm, and my t3 was low but within range. So I'm kind of borderline... But I think the low thyroid is a side effect of the Oestrogen dominance.

    I have no idea about pulse and temp anymore... I stopped taking mine.

    A guy on the forum just posted a thread about a diet he created that he believes restores metabolism. I'm going to try it when I get back home, cos' my metabolism seems to have slowed down over the last few weeks (I gained weight for no reason). Might be worth looking into for you too?

    I understand the loss of confidence from weight gain - but you look fab Keep the chin up.)
    I think I have been kinda depressed. It seems like it doesn't take much to emotionally drain me.

    I saw that post earlier. I have a hard time having set things I need to do because if my sugar drops, I'll need to eat something. I would probably get so anal about it that if my blood sugar got low I would just stop my insulin for hours instead of eating a piece of fruit because it would blow the all meat day or fasting dinner or whatever the protocol is. Can't wait to see how it turns out for you though!

    Chin is up! Thanks sister!

  2. #32
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    What kinda gum you all chewing??? 1-2 packs a day is redonk.

  3. #33
    brooke.S.'s Avatar
    brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    580
    I chew Extra dessert gum... about a pack a day. Not sure what yoga chews. What do you think about it increasing stomach acid? Is that a good thing?

  4. #34
    dilberryhoundog's Avatar
    dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I chew nicotine gum and smoke vapor cigs all day because fascists trample on my freedom to smoke inside buildings ;_;
    It's not fascism, it's forcing inconsiderate /selfish people to consider that others mightn't want to inhale poison (especially pertinent in and around children)


    Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

  5. #35
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I chew Extra dessert gum... about a pack a day. Not sure what yoga chews. What do you think about it increasing stomach acid? Is that a good thing?
    Why would it increase HCl? You would think it would dilute it from all the saliva you swallow.

  6. #36
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    It's not fascism, it's forcing inconsiderate /selfish people to consider that others mightn't want to inhale poison (especially pertinent in and around children)


    Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Then they shouldn't step outside their air purified house in the first place...(smokers inhale the worst part of the cigarettes, contrary to moronic beliefs)

    It was also a joke, I know how you lack any personality at all, so not surprising you took it seriously.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 06-15-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    nihil

  7. #37
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Maybe I should stop chewing gum and take up smoking. Or better yet, chew nicotine gum!
    Nicotine gum is cool, it actually gives you that buzz too, albeit a small one.
    nihil

  8. #38
    dilberryhoundog's Avatar
    dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Then they shouldn't step outside their air purified house in the first place...

    It was also a joke, I know how you lack any personality at all, so not surprising you took it seriously.
    My mother always said; a joke is only a joke if both sides are laughing. You might of been laughing, but the other side (me and probably many others) where called fascists, not really funny.
    I also didn't know we where in a personality contest by participating in this forum. Even tho I would say my ZERO personality trumps your NEGATIVE personality.

    Finally if non smoking freaks should stay at home if they want to avoid the smokers, then hi carb freaks should stay home if the low carbers want to get together and have a good time. In other words you go around here telling everyone their choice to eat a certain way is wrong, so something flagged my interest when I sensed you don't like people telling you your choice (smoking) is wrong. It's a bit hypocritical is all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

  9. #39
    max219's Avatar
    max219 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    444
    Carb intake and smoking in public have nothing to do with each other.

    Anyway, I found that I picked up habits like drinking a ton of tea or eating gum all day back when I was severely under eating. It made me feel like I was actually eating something during the day.

  10. #40
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    My mother always said; a joke is only a joke if both sides are laughing. You might of been laughing, but the other side (me and probably many others) where called fascists, not really funny.
    I also didn't know we where in a personality contest by participating in this forum. Even tho I would say my ZERO personality trumps your NEGATIVE personality.

    Finally if non smoking freaks should stay at home if they want to avoid the smokers, then hi carb freaks should stay home if the low carbers want to get together and have a good time. In other words you go around here telling everyone their choice to eat a certain way is wrong, so something flagged my interest when I sensed you don't like people telling you your choice (smoking) is wrong. It's a bit hypocritical is all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    You're something else. Nice use of hyperbole and irrelevancy to make a point that probably only sounds anything but pointless in your own head. Should probably adhere to your own advice. I can laugh hard enough at you to make up for any lack of laughter. Oh, and, I don't think it's possible to have a sum total of a personality be a negative; because, even if certain aspects of my personality are negatives, it would still equal a positive. So, this makes no sense. Plus, I'm here, writing something, with my own words, using my own train of thought, this is a positive personality trait, even if you don't like it. However, as you've shown, you can have zero personality, and be completely boring, and unoriginal, like so many others here on this forum that you like to copy. It takes a lot of personality to stand out. You don't. In fact, after this post, I won't even remember who you are. Your stupid forgettable name doesn't help. I vaguely remember arguing with you, or rather, you trying to argue with me, in some other thread where I was just posting my opinions, and you came along and spouted the same old mantra "CARBS ARE THE DEVIL ALL CARBOPHILES ARE FAT". Of course, since I don't really remember you, I could be mistaking you for some other idiot.

    Oh, and you're fat.

    FYI, I don't really care what someone else eats and I don't go around telling people what to eat, I just post my own opinions, there is a large difference in the two. Btw, I don't like you at all, you clearly don't like me, so, stop stalking me in threads where you clearly have no real input except to try and incite some kind of feud with me(not going to work). It makes you look kind of obsessed and creepy.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 06-15-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    nihil

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •