Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke... One day at a time. Well maybe. :) page 2

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I got 2 half gallons of raw goat milk today. I went straight home and put one in my frig and one in the freezer. Well tonight when I opened my freezer I noticed the glass had busted that my milk was in!

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1370994162.904468.jpg

That stuff is pricey too. I'm thawing it to see if I can salvage any of it. I don't want to take a chance that any glass will be in it though.

Zach is offline Banned
    Dont take a chance, toss it. Raw milk does not really go bad if kept pretty cool. Its good for a month at least. No need to freeze it, which might damage the milk as well.

Crap! Zach- Do you really think I should throw it away? The glass fell off of the milk when it was still mostly frozen. I put what I could in empty jars.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    It might be OK, but that looks really gross.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Yeah, y'all are right. Raw goat milk is my second most precious commodity. Naturethroid is my first.

Sometimes when you really love something you have to let it go

Do you speak from experience?

I guess I won't cry over spilled milk but I might if it were lost T3.

Zach is offline Banned
    I just wouldnt chance drinking a glass shard.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hey Brook,

Finally getting a chance to say yo

"Y'all" is actually one of the things I love about American-English! That and when men say "M'am". So cute. As are your pups!

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I went to the doctor this past Friday. She's actually a nurse practitioner. She's going to be my PCP though. The last time I saw her she looked over my thyroid labs and agreed to up my Naturethroid dose from 2 grains to 2.5 grains. I had already raised it myself, just didn't have a script for it. So this visit I brought labs from 4 weeks ago and I was at 2.7 (my goal is 3.2 at least). She agreed to raise my dose to 3 grains... I'm actually taking 3.5 grains with 1/8 a grain a bit before bed. I feel pretty good.

It's been hard to find a doctor to prescribe T3 meds or NDT. Big Pharma has most doctors sold on T4 only meds such as synthyroid. The trouble is that most cannot convert T4 to the active T3. As a result you can get high levels of reverse T3 which competes with T3. Thankfully reverse T3 has not been a problem for me.

Last October I found a naturopath/md in Nashville. He told me to throw out my Synthyroid and started me on 1 grain of Armour. In 2 weeks I got labs and also the results from a salvia cortisol test. I went back to see him and he raised my dose to 2 grains. He told me to find a local doctor when I need refills. I was very doubtful I could though. In January I started feeling bad again. I called the doctor in Nashville and told him and he said my levels were in range last time but he didn't take into account that I'm dealing with Hashimotos. He swapped me over to Naturethroid at 2 grains.

I had labs in February at a walkin clinic in town. The results showed that my T3 was 2.2 (I think) with lab ranges 2.7-4.5. In November I was at 3.2. I had no doubt I had been having a Hashimotos attack. I had gained weight and had no energy.

One mistake I think I made was starting Stronglifts 5x5 the second week I was on Armour. I was still trying to do sprints and run 2-3 days on top of that. It was to much stress for my system. My lifts went up pretty good but I had been lifting kinda heavy before that.

Right now I'm trying to find balance in everything. I'm going to the gym about 6 days a week. Two if those days I lift, one day I sprint and the other days I walk on incline/jog/run for 30-40 minutes. I feel I need to holdback a little when lifting bc it's just so taxing on my body.... And thats been hard for me. sometimes I don't realized how hard I'm going until I can barely walk or sit to pee! haha So for now, no more squats and deadlifts on the same day!

Anyway, back to my doctor's visit Friday... She also prescribed Metanx. It looks to be a very high potent b vitamin. It's prescribed for people with neuropathy. I rarely have any symptoms of neuropathy anymore because of activity levels and my blood sugar levels are better and more stable than when I was 26 and younger. Metanx is described as helping remove homocysteine from the body... Sounds good to me! Wonder what Ray Peat thinks of it?
    I really admire that you can gym it 6 days a week. I feel like crap so often that it's really hard for me to keep consistent with my exercise.

What was your history of getting diagnosed with Hashis? Did you feel bad for a long time, and do you feel better now that you're on meds? What were your symptoms?

PS. Just saw your photos: you're a beautiful girl! And you look great
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-13-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Do you speak from experience?

I guess I won't cry over spilled milk but I might if it were lost T3.
    Not about freezing milk, but yeah.

I also agree with you about the t3, which I'm just about to take right now actually.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast