Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 206

Thread: Brooke... One day at a time. Well maybe. :) page 16

  1. #151
    brooke.S.'s Avatar
    brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    580
    Primal Fuel
    My replies are in bold because I've yet to figure out how to multi- reply with quotes. haha

    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Brooke, I'm not a doctor, or an expert, but one thing I've learned is that in medicine people tend to look at all the aspects of their body as separate entities, whereas the reality is that everything is related. It would be helpful to post all of your results on the sex hormones thread, as this is an issue that can't be looked at in isolation.

    What's your lifestyle? How do you sleep, how stressful is your job, how much do you drink, what's your diet?

    I sleep pretty good.. anywhere from 7-9 hours. I wake up to pee a couple of times though. My job can be stressful at times bc sometimes I'm expected to be all things. Overall, I love my job. It just doesn't pay well. I don't drink. I've haven't drank or done drugs in almost 11 years now! I was a drunk and druggie in my late teens up until I turned 22.

    These are the food I've mostly been eating for the past couple months (as the season changed)... eggs, egg whites, canned tuna, canned salmon, raw goat milk, a little almond milk, green beans, tomatoes, pumpkin, fruit like bananas and blueberries, on occasion, I'll have goat cheese and ground beef. Recently, I've been doing a cheat day. Usually it's the day I don't exercise and my hunger levels are bigger. :/


    Your testosterone is in the middle, so it looks like you dont have PCOS, which is great I would have been very surprised if you had. A few of your other hormones, including your prog and oestrogen are very low. Can I ask if anything significant happened in your life two+a half to three years ago?

    I was coming off the depo shot and I went through a divorce. We were only married a year so it could have been worse. My stress levels were horrible the year I was married and so were my blood sugars.

    You can start by drinking some raspberry leaf tea for the progesterone. I don't want to suggest more meds / sups to you, but Vitex makes me feel like wonder woman. I also use Ray Peat's Progesterone cream, but I can't comment on this yet. Need to get my bloods checked again.

    I've been taking vitex in the morning!

    CRP is a little high, which means slight inflammation. This could be something to keep an eye on, or it could be that you had a slight cold on the day of the test.

    My muscles stay slightly sore from exercise. I wonder if that could be the cause of the CRP?

    Liver enzymes: some meds can cause these to raise. What exactly are you on? It might be worth checking to see if there's a correlation.

    I'm only on insulin and naturethroid... thank goodness!!

    Now, the Hashis. Again, I'm not a doctor, but from my mum's has his it seems to me that it's such a complicated illness that people tend, very quickly, to be on a lot of medication. My mum is on about 30 pills a day, to cure one thing or another and, surprise surprise, nothing is getting better: in fact, she's getting sicker all the time. I'm not saying this is the case for you, and this definitely wouldn't be a popular suggestion around here, but I think you really need to look at what meds and sups you are taking, and consider how many of these are actually helping you. Your case is even more complex, because you are diabetic. Let's see what the rT3 says.

    I don't know much about low cortisol, but mine was high as a result of oestrogen dominance, so I get the impression that stress hormones are quite linked to other hormones being in balance. Did you get DHEA checked?

    I'm going to get that next time along with ferritin levels.

    I think it's brilliant that you got this full panel done - you have a lot more info to work with now!
    Thank you so much for your reply!!!

  2. #152
    brooke.S.'s Avatar
    brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    I would 100% agree with that....in looking at the original page it said you were only on the insulin and thyroid supp? Is that no longer the case? Is your main health concern your reproductive issue, or is it more than that? Do you feel good?

    You have inspired me to start a journal on here
    Still just insulin and naturethroid. I know it's not normal to have a cycle... I'm not to worried about being able to get pregnant though. But maybe in the future... I've learned to never say never! lol My main concern right now is energy level. It's really low in the morning. My workouts are getting worse too. I just want to be healthy.

    I'm pretty sure I need more cortisol to be able to utilize the thyroid hormone I'm getting. I'm reading up on adrenals right now.

    Thanks for coming to my journal! I'll be by to yours when you start it.

  3. #153
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Okay, initial thoughts:

    - Definitely start looking into the potential side effects of the Depo shot. If that's when the trouble started, that's a big clue. Compounded with the stress of a divorce, you could have the perfect storm for something to screw up.

    - How much Vietx is prescribed on your bottle? I was taking a large dose twice a day, in conjunction with my progesterone. You prog is extremely low - go for a higher dose.

    - Try not to start taking too many new sups at once. Tier their introduction.

    - I know you say you're only on insulin and thyroid meds, but what other sups do you take? Do you take aspirin? (I'm sure Peat has info that would refute this, but I have heard that it can raise liver enzymes).

    - Don't worry about the CRP for now: get it tested again when your getting your next batch of bloods.

    Finally, how much do you know about diabetes? Since that was the first illness you had, I can't help but wonder if all these other things are knock-on effects of the initial disfunction...

    Also, are you going to an Endo? When I got my results I posted everything and got such random advice... then I went to the Endo, got a scan, and was diagnosed in 15 mins. Everything I've read about my condition subsequently has shown me that I am a text book case. I know doctors don't get a good wrap around here, but my experience taught me that there's a balance between helping ourselves, and sometimes trusting to CW.

    PS. Want a laugh? My estrogen is 2028!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  4. #154
    TheyCallMeLazarus's Avatar
    TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
    Posts
    1,031
    I had no idea Western doctors were CW.

    If I have cancer, a spinal injury, or am peeing out blood, I am pretty sure I am heading to one of us. Herbs are cool and all, but when it hits the fan most people know where to go.

    That said, I agree with you 200% on the endocrinologist. My basic rule is that anytime someone starts telling you about hormones, they are full of it. That stuff is VERY complex. If you are suspicious that hormonal disruption is causing your issues, that is the only place to go. I have come to believe that with thyroid meds, screwing it up is the rule and not the exception.

    Could you repost what you wanted to know about your eyes?
    Last edited by TheyCallMeLazarus; 07-23-2013 at 04:27 PM.

  5. #155
    brooke.S.'s Avatar
    brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Okay, initial thoughts:

    - Definitely start looking into the potential side effects of the Depo shot. If that's when the trouble started, that's a big clue. Compounded with the stress of a divorce, you could have the perfect storm for something to screw up.

    - How much Vietx is prescribed on your bottle? I was taking a large dose twice a day, in conjunction with my progesterone. You prog is extremely low - go for a higher dose.

    - Try not to start taking too many new sups at once. Tier their introduction.

    - I know you say you're only on insulin and thyroid meds, but what other sups do you take? Do you take aspirin? (I'm sure Peat has info that would refute this, but I have heard that it can raise liver enzymes).

    - Don't worry about the CRP for now: get it tested again when your getting your next batch of bloods.

    Finally, how much do you know about diabetes? Since that was the first illness you had, I can't help but wonder if all these other things are knock-on effects of the initial disfunction...

    Also, are you going to an Endo? When I got my results I posted everything and got such random advice... then I went to the Endo, got a scan, and was diagnosed in 15 mins. Everything I've read about my condition subsequently has shown me that I am a text book case. I know doctors don't get a good wrap around here, but my experience taught me that there's a balance between helping ourselves, and sometimes trusting to CW.

    PS. Want a laugh? My estrogen is 2028!
    Vitex- It says 56 drops and I do that at breakfast. I'll start taking it at dinner too.

    My other supps are Magnesium Citrate, niacinamide, Tri-chromium (cinnamon and the 2 chromiums), D3 and selenium. I take 1 325mg aspirin every other day. My liver enzymes have been elevated since at least last year when it first came up as abnormal. I thought it was because I was VLC at the time and eating Moar fat. That is also when my thyroid tanked.

    I know a ton about type 1 diabetes. I've had it since I was 3. Unfortunately, autoimmune diseases usually come in pairs. If I didn't have type 1 diabetes, I mostly likely wouldn't have hashis.

    I think I need to get clean with paleo and stop the 1x per week cheat meal... sometimes cheat meals.

    The endo's in my town aren't any good. The one I went to last summer changed all my rates on my insulin pump and told me not to change them until next appt. She scared me. lol My blood sugars ran high for a month before I canceled my next apt with her and changed my insulin rates. I don't have enough specialty visits to see an endo until January. I'm going to see the doc that took these labs next week for her to go over them.

    Your estrogen was 2028?!!!! Whoaa sista! I wonder what it is now... when do you get tested again Yoga? I'm guessing the ranges were the same as mine? If so that's crazy.
    Last edited by brooke.S.; 07-23-2013 at 04:55 PM.

  6. #156
    brooke.S.'s Avatar
    brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    I had no idea Western doctors were CW.

    If I have cancer, a spinal injury, or am peeing out blood, I am pretty sure I am heading to one of us. Herbs are cool and all, but when it hits the fan most people know where to go.

    That said, I agree with you 200% on the endocrinologist. My basic rule is that anytime someone starts telling you about hormones, they are full of it. That stuff is VERY complex. If you are suspicious that hormonal disruption is causing your issues, that is the only place to go. I have come to believe that with thyroid meds, screwing it up is the rule and not the exception.

    Could you repost what you wanted to know about your eyes?
    My eye doctor phrased it like this... "There's water in the front yard for the right eye. There's water at the front door in the left eye." He said that we need to keep a watch on the water to make sure it doesn't get into the house.

    Does that make sense to you Laz? I know what he means, I just want to know your opinion. He was also very encouraging that if I keep tight control of my blood sugars that I will be fine. What do you think?

  7. #157
    TheyCallMeLazarus's Avatar
    TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
    Posts
    1,031
    I gotta be honest....I have NO IDEA what he meant by that. Is he referring to diabetic retinopathy?

  8. #158
    brooke.S.'s Avatar
    brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    I gotta be honest....I have NO IDEA what he meant by that. Is he referring to diabetic retinopathy?
    Yes.

  9. #159
    brooke.S.'s Avatar
    brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    580
    July 23, 2013

    So, I'm wondering since I seem to be low cortisol in the morning if I should try protein only before I go to the gym. Maybe that would make my cortisol kick in..... or, because my cortisol is already fatigued, adrenalin will kick in instead. I don't want adrenalin, that seems to make my blood sugar spike.

    I guess it's possible that I'm over thinking everrrryyyything right now. I just want at least a start to a solution.

    Well, today is 1 month or 7 days. I didn't meet anybody. The prediction didn't come to pass but there's still 3.5 hours left. I could always meet somebody in my dreams tonight. I'll try to be nice if I do.

  10. #160
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is your blood pressure low by any chance?

    Also, I would recommend looking into your serotonin levels rather than hypocortisolemia.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 07-23-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    nihil

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •