Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke... One day at a time. Well maybe. :) page 12

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hey, I hear you on the sups. It's a slippery slope - so easy to start taking everything! I wrote this on my journal but maybe you didn't see: What's your TSH? Ray Peat says that Vitex can lower it! (Why do you want to take Vitex anyway?)
    I saw that right as I was leaving work and forgot to respond when I got home.. oops.

My TSH is really low... like in the 0.0's. It shows me being hyperthyroid. But that's a good thing because it also means my thyroid won't be inflamed.

I want to take vitex for progesterone. I'll be able to get labs in a week to know the full details. I haven't had a cycle in 2.5 years! I don't miss it... lol But, I know that's not normal for a female in her early 30's!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Except to get a tan
    Touché
    nihil

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I want to take vitex for progesterone. I'll be able to get labs in a week to know the full details. I haven't had a cycle in 2.5 years! I don't miss it... lol But, I know that's not normal for a female in her early 30's!
    Wow, okay. The Vitex may not be enough, but it certainly won't hurt until you get your labs and have a clearer picture of whats going on hormonally. Let's see what the blood says
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Brooke, just hoping that you're alright and that things are okay with your family! Hugs to you.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Things are getting better!

I've been reading along in the journals, just haven't felt like commenting lately.

Wow, that's great news!

NO worries! Just checking you were okay

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Brooke, just hoping that you're alright and that things are okay with your family! Hugs to you.
    Ditto, minus the emoticon(or plus if it comforts you)
    nihil

Thanks Yoga and Derp

Stressed and (I think) Depressed

I don't even know where to start. Just seems like things have crashed down on me. I'm usually a positive person... I think this is chemical. I had plans to go see my family member at the hospital yesterday and just got so irritated/frustrated and started crying. I felt immobile. I kept thinking that I just wanted to crawl into a hole and stay there... I know that's not normal! I ended up staying home all day. I did make it to the gym earlier though.

Starting in January of this year I had more stress in my life than I ever had. Or maybe I just couldn't handle stress as I could in the past. My energy was gone, hypo symptoms returned, weight gain.

If what I'm dealing with is chemical, What can I do? I suspected I need help with dopamine and was taking dl-phenylalanine. I couldn't tell that it helped any and was worried I was making things worse so I stopped after a month. Over ten years ago I did a lot of drugs... I'm just wondering what I did to myself and my neurotransmitters.

Any suggestions of supps that will help me? I just want to have a good outlook on life again. I feel so stuck. Sorry if I'm pouring all this out on y'all... I don't want to talk to my family and real life friends because I don't want them to worry. I go back to my doctor Thursday. I guess I can talk to her about it but I'm not to fond of antidepressants.

Last night my blood sugar got really high for no external reason. I gave an extra bolus of insulin and then rechecked in an hour... it was still high. I rechecked every hour and kept giving boluses until 2am and it was high every time! By 4am I was very low so I ate a banana and went back to sleep. I woke up at 8:00 and it was 77, which is considered low for me as a type 1 diabetic. Within an hour of getting out of bed I was fighting high blood sugars again! I think I should have stayed in bed. lol

I've been taking holy basil for a little over a week now. I had taken it about 1 years ago but stopped because I thought it caused anxiety. I'm also taking rhodiola and eleuthero. I wonder if the holy basil does the opposite in me for some reason? I'm going to stop taking it and see it helps. I've also noticed that when I take holy basil, I have an unaccounted for blood sugar spike. I know my adrenals need help, I'm just not sure what else to do. I just feel so low on energy most of the time.
    Last edited by brooke.S.; 07-14-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Brooke <3
    Sorry stuff's gotten so rough for you lately. But maybe it's not depression, rather that all the stress piled on, and your family member being unwell was kind of a cracking point? Especially since you had the added pressure of them assigning you the title of nutrition guru? Unfortunately, I'm not a massive well of knowledge regarding supps and stuff like the others. Hopefully someone will get back to you really soon.

I really hope things start looking up for you soon!
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    brookesam,
    Did you get and start taking the T3 you ordered? I ask because T3 can raise BGL levels.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast