Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yogurt as a staple? page 2

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Awesome....I do stuff like that too....I probably eat more dairy than I should, but no ill effects to this point

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I have a cup of full fat yogurt with a half pound of fruit for dinner sometimes... I have noticed no ill effects.
    Awesome....I do stuff like that too....I probably eat more dairy than I should, but no ill effects to this point

Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    The Greek Gods full fat yogurt.....more fat than protein.....found it at Kroger

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    That is what I get too! I get it at Winco.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I was going to recommend you finding out if milk from Trickling Springs Creamery was sold in your area, but when I looked the 2 closest placesavailable were Prince Frederick MD (Spider Hall Farm) and Denison's Grocery in Colonial Beach VA. The creamery is in Chambersburg PA and they deliver all over the place in Maryland, Pennsylvania some places in Delaware, New Jersey and Virginia. Their milk is not ultra pasteurized and it's in glass bottles AND you can get non-homogenized (cream line) milk. I drive about 10 miles every one or two weeks to a store near Chesapeake City MD to get their milk.

They have fantastic ice cream and raw milk cheeses too.
    Last edited by Lynna; 06-14-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Greek Gods is tasty, but it is not Greek Yogurt. They add pectin to make it so thick and creamy rather than straining it. Nothing wrong with that- it has the same nutritional values as regular yogurt with the only difference being added pectin. But it does not have the super high protein profile that true Greek (like Fage) Yogurt gives you.
    My Recipes are at: www.southbeachprimal.com

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I buy Cabot full-fat Greek yogurt, but most of the yogurt I buy goes into homemade frozen yogurt.

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Be careful even probiotic yogurt you make yourself can feed the opportunistic bacteria as well as the probiotic bacteria. If I was to make something I would either make homemade coconut kefir OR kimchi. If you don't have SIBO, I would still only consume yogurt at most three times a week because of this.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

I think occasional consumption of yoghurt is quite great..first of all it is highly effective in improving digestion and secondly it keeps the body fresh and active..so in my opinion every now and then consumption of yoghurt is actually necessary.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd not been much of a yogurt guy before finding MDA, so I approached from a perspective of seeking out the full fat stuff. Today, I tried the non-fat regular and non-fat Greek style - Stony Field and Chobani, respectively.

My gods, it's awful. It's kinda chunky, clotty, almost. Chalky taste. No wonder people say they "don't like yogurt".

M.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast