Thread: Primal - At Glastonbury? page

10 Bears is offline Member

Primal - At Glastonbury?

Shop Now
    I'm off to the Glastonbury festival (UK) at the end of the month. Certainly not my first time at the festival (been going every year since I was 16 and Im 37 now), and not my first time there lo-carbing as I've been doing that off and on for about 4 years now with varying degrees of success, but, it is my first time at Glastonbury whilst going Primal.

So, the question is, how do you think I can continue to go primal at a rather hedonistic music festival? Does anyone have any ideas, tips, experience etc., particularly whilst being primal at Glasto, that you are willing to share?

I've thought of just having a week off, but I've dropped a stone (approx 4% BF) in the last 4 weeks so I'm inclined to keep the positive momentum going.

And in case you were wondering, no I don't smoke anything of any description - legal or otherwise, so I shalln't be getting the munchies - although I am partial to a bit of Scrumpy so perhaps that's going to put the kibosh on things in any case!

BigTim is offline Junior Member
    Have a rest, enjoy yourself, play.

Limit the damage by making better choices, which there's plenty of at Glasto. Rotisserie chickens, seafood bars, salads, indian food (hold the rice), BBQ grill places. Avoid the burgers and pizzas and you should be right.

Then have a plan to get back on the wagon as soon as you're back.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Yes - basically don't feel under pressure to be 100% primal in those settings - just make the best choices you can with whats available. I find that sticking to the primal food choices usually helps me enjoy my time camping anyway - keeps my energy levels up, etc. I once took a barbeque and a coolbox full of lamb chops to a festival, it was a major success. People laughed at my preparedness but then were my best friends when those chops started sizzling!

10 Bears is offline Member
    Hmmm Lamb Chops

Theres an idea! Thanks.

Anyone else any tips - or is anyone else from the primal boards going to Glasto?
    Fortune Favours the Brave

I can only talk from my acquired knowledge and experiences. You may have a different view or experience and I will respect that. Please respect mine.