Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So today I bought a rabbit... page 2

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andi View Post
    he's frozen, and I'm thinking about what I should do with it. Any ideas/suggestions? I'm thinking maybe a stew of sorts, hmm (I also named him snowflake).
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My pet rabbit from childhood's name was Snowflakes. You MUST choose a new name.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andi View Post
    My dad's friend knows a lot of local farmers here in Vancouver. We have quite good access to fresh produce, eggs, bees (yay, honey!) and goats, so I think it wouldn't be too hard to find some. Is it a meat that sears nicely? Or is it leaner and should be made with a sauce?
    I've found that goat meat can be a bit rubbery and tough if not braised or simmered over a long time (8 hrs+). Usually, I brown all sides of the meat and then put it in the crock pot with root vegetables, spices, good amount of seasoning, and beef stock. Always comes out falling-off-the-bone tender and extremely flavorful. Served over cauliflower "rice"........
    Last edited by ilovesteak; 06-09-2013 at 10:56 PM.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    With pigs liver and seasonings etc rabbit makes a DELICIOUS pate...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12