Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help with meal-planning for weight-loss? page 2

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
    Yes fine as long as you are satisfied. As you are new to this I would actually encourage you to go a little higher on the fats for a short time in order to become more fat adapted as an energy source. Then when you are eating fats regularly and losing weight on them (approx 1/4lb per day), cut the fats back and let stored bodyfat take over and fill the gap as it were.

I assume you are Newcastle, UK, so over here you have to be really careful about what fats are OK and what are not as partially hydrogenated fat (the bad) is used in pretty much everything - particularly common items as marge, sausage etc. which is crucial as to why they should be removed from your diet.

I get the majority of my additional fats from real butter, ex. virgin olive oil, nuts and seeds, but again on the last two - be careful you don't over-indulge as its too easy!

Oh, and I probably eat 6 eggs a day. I absolutely love eggs fried in butter, particularly as it helps me loose weight!
    Yep, I live in Newcastle. I don't eat sausage or anything like that; most of our meat says "grassfed, grain finished" so it's not that bad.

Thank you. : )

jenniferShumaker is offline Junior Member
    Don't ever skip breakfast. Try eating a little less meat than you are right now and substitute with fruits or vegetables. If you like fish that's a great alternative to red meat. Also cut out anything processed. A great low-carb diet that is high in protein which you like is the Dukan diet which you can find here dukandiet.com/low-carb-diet. Hope it helps you and remember that it will take time--be patient!

Healthy Weight Loss Diet Plan - Dukan Diet

Lacevas is offline Junior Member
    I'm new to this diet and this group. My name is Lacey. I'm 30 and weigh 361. I've tried ever other diets out there. Couple friends of mine went to a hypnotist and started a diet eating proteins, fish, and veggies. They have been losing weight so I thought I'd give it a chance. Went Tuesday and was given food list of what I can and can't eat. Still getting used to the foods. Have a few questions about it. I know that the diets differ a little. The one I'm on I can't have fruit but I know some can. Just wanted to join group and I'll write questions later

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    So...would 2 eggs with in 15g of butter w/ 2 slices of bacon for breakfast; a salmon/beef salad (4oz?) with half an avacado for dinner; 6oz meat + veg and fruit and greek yoghurt for dinner be OK?
    I have a 15yo daughter your height who has recently cut back on processed foods and grains because she wanted to lose weight. I think you should probably try for at least 70g protein per day (0.5-1g per lb lean body weight is a standard recommendation). The example you give should get you that. Do you feel like that amount of protein and fat will be enough food for you and not freak your mom out? It's similar to what my daughter would eat, though she eats quite a lot of fruits and veggies as well.

You're in kind of a tough spot, because you have parents with very conventional ideas to deal with. On the other hand, you seem like a smart kid with a good head on your shoulders, so you're miles ahead of teenagers who see nothing wrong with junk food. If, in the short term, you have to take it easy on fat to keep your parents off your back, you can still make valuable changes to your diet. There are a lot of people eating primal diets that aren't super high fat and still losing weight.

Have you seen Yes to Yummy ? She's your age and quite a chef. theclothesmakethegirl has a lot of great recipes and she's more of lower fat paleo. If your parents are like my husband and kids, once they realize how many delicious meals there are that don't involve grains or processed foods, they'll relax a little bit and not pay so much attention to the stuff that freaks them out now.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacevas View Post
    I'm new to this diet and this group. My name is Lacey. I'm 30 and weigh 361. I've tried ever other diets out there. Couple friends of mine went to a hypnotist and started a diet eating proteins, fish, and veggies. They have been losing weight so I thought I'd give it a chance. Went Tuesday and was given food list of what I can and can't eat. Still getting used to the foods. Have a few questions about it. I know that the diets differ a little. The one I'm on I can't have fruit but I know some can. Just wanted to join group and I'll write questions later
    I'm sorry, but this sounds absurd. A hypnotist told you want you can and cannot eat? What is this world coming to.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    I'm sorry, but this sounds absurd. A hypnotist told you want you can and cannot eat? What is this world coming to.
    Many do. I disagree with that plan of action.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12