Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cant make a thick Mayonnaise advice please page 2

sting is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Aside from your saying repeatedly that it's not thickening, we can't tell specifically what you're domg or what technique you are using. We can only say what works for us.

Blender mayonnaise takes me about 5 minutes to make. We could look at that video if you linked to it.
    Homemade Mayonnaise - The Key to Making Great Mayonnaise - YouTube

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    That video is deceptive. It is not a complete illustration of making mayonnaise, it is a come-on to purchase a course on their website. If you really want to make mayo with a whisk, a bowl, and egg yolks, it is probably going to take 15 minutes and your arm will feel like it's going to fall off before you are done with it. I recommend a mixer, a blender, a stick blender, or a food processor, as we use here.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Everything eKatherine just said.

Use a speed blending tool... or be prepared to whisk until your arm is a wet noodle.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

OK thanks i hand mixed for a around 3-4 minutes and thought this is nothing like the video hehe so through it out done it again same thing so thought Hmm, well that explains it then.

I tried in a blender a couple of times but maybe i added the oil to quickly. i don't think so, some also sad the knifes in blenders are to sharp breaking up the egg not letting it thicken, hence why i tried doing it by hand, should this be a problem or no?

When making it in the blender, you have to make sure it is enough above the blades to mix at the start. This may require making a double batch if you are using yolks only. I don't have a problem with whole eggs. One is enough to fill the bottom of my blender, with a little water added.

PriM8 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    OK thanks i hand mixed for a around 3-4 minutes and thought this is nothing like the video hehe so through it out done it again same thing so thought Hmm, well that explains it then.

I tried in a blender a couple of times but maybe i added the oil to quickly. i don't think so, some also sad the knifes in blenders are to sharp breaking up the egg not letting it thicken, hence why i tried doing it by hand, should this be a problem or no?
    We use extra light olive, room temperature or warmer whole egg, tsp. vinegar, about a half tsp. of mustard powder, and salt to taste. Immersion blender is the only method I've had consistent results with. We've found a warmer egg tends to make a thicker mayo.

If you are using olive oil, the mayo definitely gets thicker when refrigerated. Provided of course it didn't break in the making.

thanks and much appreciated will give it a try as you explained :-)

ayumi is offline Member
    The first batch of paleo mayo I made, the blender was turned on too high and too long. The mayo split and turned into mayo water. I suggest keeping it on low throughout and ONLY a brief burst at high to finish it after pouring in the olive oil. It's a quick process.

whistlerski is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just make aioli using raw egg yolks, garlic and dijon. The garlic and dijon will help with the emulsification, but you can take either one out if you want. It helps to whisk the egg garlic dijon mixture up first to start the emulsification. Then slowly add your oil while whisking, until it starts to for a clumping texture. Then you add an acid like lemon juice or vinegar to smooth the mixture out. You can do this with a food processor that has a whole on the top to pour things in too. Way better tasting, and probably a bit healthier too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast