Thread: First Omega3 capsules! And Natural foodstore closing. page

ikaika is offline Senior Member

First Omega3 capsules! And Natural foodstore closing.

Primal Fuel
    I just bought my first Omega3 capsules! My favorite natural food grocery store was (is) sadly going out of business...

...but that meant everything was 50% off! Unfortunately all of the oils, meat, and produce was gone... but I got some organic raw almonds for like $3 a pound and a whole bunch of organic/safe/otherwise awesome non-food stuff (teatree mouthwash, turmeric face soap, all that stupid stuff).* Also, a cool drinking bottle, etc... they had a lot of non-foods left, and some frozen clams.

ANYWAY, back to the Omega3 capsules, I'm excited. I don't know what I'm supposed EXPECT (if anything), but I'm excited nonetheless! I thought of you, stabby.

I was deterred by the amount of choices, though.

-写

*I am like 100% not a lotions and soaps kind of person. It felt kind of cool to buy that sort of thing.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I get thought of when you buy fish oil . That made my day.

With regards to health benefits, it only took about a week for my dad's manic depression and arthritis to dissipate so you can probably expect something in the way of mood and probably energy. With regards to inflammation, it takes a while for the tissue ratio of 3:6 to normalize so definitely go hard on them if you aren't getting omega 3 from other sources. I think that eating them with saturated fat is preferred but I'm not 100%

Also I'm the same way with "health" food stores. They're big voids where my money goes and never returns. sigh
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Stabby, are all Omega 3 fish oils created equal or is there something I should look for?

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Look for purified stuff with some sort of antioxidant like mixed tocopherols. That and ideally a bit more DHA than EPA. DHA can be broken down into EPA but interestingly enough supplementing with only DHA doesn't have antidepressant qualities. A little more EPA than DHA is by no means bad, though. Just not optimal in my opinion.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!