Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think I'm overthinking page 3

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    As a true Type A, I know what you wrote is horsesh!t Knifegill. No offense whatsoever but Type A is a condition that you can't take a vacation from. And I'm referring to the "stupid game" stuff, not your evolution from a stoner to a family man.
    Last edited by ilovesteak; 06-09-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andi View Post
    Haha, we should get T-shirts. The dog in your avatar can be our mascot.
    His name is Norton and he's the best boxer to wander this earth.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I know what you wrote is horsesh!t Knifegill. No offense whatsoever but Type A is a condition that you can't take a vacation from. And I'm referring to the "stupid game" stuff,
    Good to hear it! Which point exactly am I off on? As a type B masquerading as A, I can only pretend. I would love to understand better what I am wrong about.

Do you take life super seriously? Or are you offended that I think you do? Your position is unclear at this time.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

As a Type B masquerading as A, you can't understand what A is all about. You're basically pretending to like liver because you think that's going to advance your career in the liver industry. I'm predisposed to take minutia seriously, can't change that. It's not a game of pretend or a stance to assert myself in certain circles.

You're not offending me at all, and I hope I'm not offending you either.

No offense! Lots to clear up, and this is fun. I like details, and having a complete picture of how things work, etc. But it always falls apart at WHY because invariably you end up at absolutes upon which people disagree, and that's why (I think) I am generally type B. I generally don't like having enemies and might need a favor, so avoid conflict as much as possible.

Having spent four years on high doses of ritalin and counting the seeds on dandelion heads, the bolts on trucks, scrambling letters on signs mentally almost non-stop, and worse, I think I understand minutiae pretty well.

Like any person, I'm type A about some things and type B about other things.

I don't pretend to like liver, either. I eat it because it's good for me and I feel like a million bucks for days after eating it. But it tastes like old metal - because it is. I'm type A about what I eat.

My lawn is 4' tall because my lawnmower broke - again. If I were really type A I'd stop wasting my time on things that can break, and by a real scythe or two and mow the damn lawn myself. But really, I'm mostly trying to convince myself that I want a mowed lawn because - to this day - nobody can justify the need for one. Some president did it once, and that's the best excuse they have. I have over 15 different species of grass out there, all coexisting. Mowing them and stopping reproduction seems a crime. As I understand it, this is type B thinking, to simply be unconcerned at heart with having a tall lawn. Is this incorrect?
    Last edited by Knifegill; 06-09-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

I like you Knifegill, in a strictly bro sense of course. Type A as a born trait is really a curse sometimes. The insane amount of time I've wasted on minutia I'll never get back, don't really know if I want it back either. I am who I am, I guess.

I enjoy both Type A and Type B people, it's more of a question if others can put up with my idiosyncrasies.

But I'm a good cook, does that count for anything?
    Last edited by ilovesteak; 06-09-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like you Knifegill, in a strictly bro sense of course. Type A as a born trait is really a curse sometimes. The insane amount of time I've wasted on minutia I'll never get back, don't really know if i want it back either. I am who I am, I guess.
    Whereas I value all the time I wasted, because I am really skilled at a lot of stupid human tricks and have noticed volumes of details that astonish other people. But I'm an extremely pliable person, known to contradict myself while being perfectly honest and genuine, and prone to taking on groupings of thoughts and processes as they exist in a vacuum, without always crossing out and comparing what I'm being told with other disciplines. I'm a better follower than a leader any day. That likely means I'll always be a type B, even though I've learned to mimick some of the tools type A's use to succeed. It's cool, though. Very few people are just one or the other, but most are blends of the two. It's all good. We need both to get the job done. Otherwise, when the universe is dissolved, things that would have almost mattered will not have almost mattered.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123