Thread: Dips progression page

Drmike is offline Member

Dips progression

Primal Fuel
    Gonna start PBF fitness program but want to substitute dips for shoulder press push-ups. Can do about 8-10 without assistance. What is a good goal and should I increase reps or add weight

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Yeah if your doing 8-10 strict reps with BW then I'd start to add some weight, just remember slow and steady wins the race !

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I got up to doing about thirty bodyweight dips then decided it was time to start doing them weighted. When doing weighted just be sure that you take the bottom turnaround out of the eccentric phase nice and slow. Don't try to drop down and slingshot out of it like you can when your unweighted.

adleylab is offline Junior Member
    Dips provide an excellent upper body workout, and you should make them a staple of your training program. They primarily work the muscles in the back of your arms (triceps), but also the front of your shoulders (anterior deltoids), your chest (pectorals) and your back muscles (rhomboid).its most useful workout to all.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A nice target is 20 consecutive parallel bar dips, then you can experiment with more difficult variants - check this out: All About Triceps Dips
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com