Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goal is to lose weight faster.....what works for you? page

Goal is to lose weight faster.....what works for you?

Can you share what helps you to drop the weight? I have read where some of you do high fat. Some count calories. Others eat higher carbs to 100 grams and others stick to 20 grams...

I cant figure out what will work best for me. Ive been at this for 30 days and lost 1 pound. I got 20 lbs to go and im having a hard time because its going so slow and im ready to give up...its depressing me today..

I work out and mix it up with weights , sprint and yoga.....i eat 1500 calories on average. My goal is weigh..152 -155 lbs.i eat around 70 grams protein and 20 grama carbs yet higher fat in 90 to 120 range and yet i cant budge...so this aint working.

My thyroid is in normal range..i am on medication...i drink lots of water.

What has worked in the past is HCG but my weight always comes back on when i finish...so im trying hard to do this as a life time plan but I frustrated.

I hate to sound like a broken record around here...i just wish i see results.

I am not sure how to speed this up anymore so I figure maybe what is working better for most of you might work better for me.

Your input is appreciated...

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Me - I lose weight when I eat less. But I have to naturally feel hungry less often. I think moderate to high activity level and extra carbs are what makes it work for me.
    My own n=1 : More carbs (from natural, whole food sources) = less hunger. This is when IF happens easily too.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Me - I lose weight when I eat less. But I have to naturally feel hungry less often. I think moderate to high activity level and extra carbs are what makes it work for me.
    My own n=1 : More carbs (from natural, whole food sources) = less hunger. This is when IF happens easily too.
    When you say eat less...how many calories do you eat generally? Are your carbs more veggies then?

I am thinking that I may need to reduce my calories too.

Thank you for your input.
    Last edited by tinacristina; 06-08-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I just eat less too. I don't count calories but since I eat the same things most days, I just reduce the quantities v
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Try eating just one meal per day. Basically a 20 hour fast.

miniGrokette is offline Member
    Are you only eating when you actually feel hunger? I've been at a comfortable weight, but when I got my wisdom teeth out, I was so paranoid about dry socket that I waited until my body actually felt hungry. The few weeks I went through this made me realize I almost never wait until I'm actually hungry to eat, and I leaned up considerably without any added exercise or changing of my typical meals.
    Last edited by miniGrokette; 06-08-2013 at 02:28 PM.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    "mix it up with weights , sprint and yoga" doesn't sound like much of a concrete plan for real, lasting body composition changes.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

MarieD is offline Junior Member
    I have just finished losing 45 lbs, following a paleo, natural low carb WOE, not too different than yours. After struggling, I had to cut my portion sizes (of meat primarily) - I don't really count calories but I weigh and measure my foods and track so I can review and tweak as necessary. I also had to cut out all alcohol sadly, and no cheating at all. I would guess I eat about 1400 caps / day - at first it was hard because I have a big appetite, but I've adjusted fine and am rarely hungry except at mealtime. I've been very strict and also don't let myself go hungry. I have been eating lots of kale, spinach, greens, non-starchy veggies which I don't count. Little or no fruit. Just experiment until you start losing and then keep it up!

MarieD is offline Junior Member
    1400 cals not caps (auto-correct!)

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My weight loss formula has always been: counting calories and adjusting for weight loss/activity as I go along; exercise, calorie cycling, and most recently, intermittent fasting 16-18 hours/day. Macros never mattered to my successes long as the calories and activity were in check. I suggest using a fod scale if going the calorie outing way for the most accuracy.

I also take days off and breaks from a deficit to eat at or above maintenance.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast