Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Goal is to lose weight faster.....what works for you? page 4

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesteak View Post
    Here's the root of your problem. Please don't take this the wrong way but you're just too impatient. 30 days is not even close to being a reliable measuring stick for your future success. The primal diet is not an instant wonder pill. Different people's bodies have different time schedules for when the weight starts dropping. You need to give your body time to reset itself and release the unwanted pounds on it's own terms. By giving it the right tools, it will not disappoint you.

Bottom line, if you're at this same level 6 months to a year from now, you might have a problem. As for now, you don't have a problem, you're just impatient.

Again, please don't take this wrong but your expectations must be realistic.
    I won't argue that in a heart beat and I appreciate your honesty...I talk to a trainer I use to work with and she basically said the same thing and to just forgetaboutit and eat the right things and in time it will come!!

That's the direction I am going to take with the right food options but at this point I will reduce some of my calories to help speed up the weight loss because I don't have patience...lol! But I also don't feel deprived either and I think primal gives you that...variety and nothing is set in stone as long as I eat correctly..no breads/sugar/etc...this really is a huge bonus.

Thanks for the input...I still got to remember this because when it's all said and done...2 HCG diets/yo-yoing like I did last year doesn't help me at all but in 1 year (this year) if I am even down 12 (want more) or more pounds with Primal then I am ahead and the way I look, feel and all....yep, this is what I try to remember...thanks!!

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    If this helps you at all: While eating strictly primal, I've noticed that over time my appetite has gone down considerably. When your body gets the right nourishment, the need for a high caloric intake diminishes. It has come to a point where I easily eat only one normal sized meal a day without any cravings or feelings of withdrawal. I didn't get there overnight but after my system reprogrammed itself. You will, undoubtedly, arrive at the same state if you just give it time.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinacristina View Post
    So far today i have had 800 calories..

4 bacon strip
    Ham with lettuce
    glass of white wine..

My belly is bloated..i need more water...i am not eating any more tonight..

I really appreciate all the comments...i got to tweak my diet no matter what...i am going to push lower calories...i don't think there is any other options
    if I want to lose weight. Thats all i can think to do now...today I'm just feeling bummed...I want this to work for me and when I look in the mirror I need results....I guess plan B here I come....
    So you ate starvation rations of processed food and booze. And you expect this to give you health and a healthy weight?

If this helps you at all: While eating strictly primal, I've noticed that over time my appetite has gone down considerably. When your body gets the right nourishment, the need for a high caloric intake diminishes. It has come to a point where I easily eat only one normal sized meal a day without any cravings or feelings of withdrawal. I didn't get there overnight but after my system reprogrammed itself. You will, undoubtedly, arrive at the same state if you just give it time.
    This.

Eat liver and oysters, starchy root veggies, nutrient dense veggies, fresh meat, veggies, eggs and fruits. Eat that for breakfast lunch and dinner. Eat only if you are hungry and eat enough to fill you up. Do not snack. Lift some weights, take lots of walks in the fresh air and sunshine, sprint once a week. Report back in another 30 days.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Here's the root of your problem. Please don't take this the wrong way but you're just too impatient. 30 days is not even close to being a reliable measuring stick for your future success. The primal diet is not an instant wonder pill. Different people's bodies have different time schedules for when the weight starts dropping. You need to give your body time to reset itself and release the unwanted pounds on it's own terms. By giving it the right tools, it will not disappoint you.

Bottom line, if you're at this same level 6 months to a year from now, you might have a problem. As for now, you don't have a problem, you're just impatient.

Again, please don't take this wrong but your expectations must be realistic.
    I won't argue that in a heart beat and I appreciate your honesty...I talk to a trainer I use to work with and she basically said the same thing and to just forgetaboutit and eat the right things and in time it will come!!

That's the direction I am going to take with the right food options but at this point I will reduce some of my calories to help speed up the weight loss because I don't have patience...lol! But I also don't feel deprived either and I think primal gives you that...variety and nothing is set in stone as long as I eat correctly..no breads/sugar/etc...this really is a huge bonus.

Thanks for the input...I still got to remember this because when it's all said and done...2 HCG diets/yo-yoing like I did last year didn't put me ahead...If I am a head this year with Primal, healthier body, mind, etc.. and with LOTS of patience I know I am better off.....yep, this is what I got to remember...thanks..i appreciate the feedback!!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    So you ate starvation rations of processed food and booze. And you expect this to give you health and a healthy weight?
    right...I get your point! I really am glad I posted because you all made me realize where I can improve and what choices I am still making! Thanks...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234