Thread: C-Reactive Protein too high page

Nursultan Tuyakbay is offline Junior Member

C-Reactive Protein too high

Primal Fuel
    My CRP is 0.78. It seems that many on this board have it less than 0.2.

Any tips on how to lower it?

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I saw elsewhere that you've been on PB 3 years. But still, you are doing 1or more things that is causing inflammation. It is unlikely that you have an infection because that would typically cause a number higher than 1.0.

Unless you provide a lot more information about yourself and what you eat, not much more can be said.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

I have some back and neck pain from too much office sitting and driving. Can that be considered as inflammation and a cause for high CRP?

janie is offline Senior Member
    I don't know the source of the .2 recommendation, but Dr. Philip Lee Miller of LEF (his book is entitled "Life Extension Revolution") gives a target of less than 0.5 mg/L, and I've found his targets to be rather strict.

I suppose that inflammation from any source, including back pain, could raise one's levels. I know arthritis does. Dr. Miller gives a list of supplements that can help to lower CRP including nettle leaf extract, fish oil caps for adequate EPA/DHA, bromelain, ginger, curcumin, DHEA, Vitamin K and ginkgo biloba extract. His dietary recommendations include salmon & other fatty fish, avocado, olive oil, nuts & seeds, vegetables & fruits. He cautions against too many egg yolks, organ meats & fatty cuts of red meat (but I think this might not apply to grass fed?) because they are very rich sources of arachidonic acid, a precursor to pro-inflamatory cytokines. Also he said to avoid white bread & pasta, fruit juices, potatoes and white rice if you want to lower CRP, but I expect you may already be doing that.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, that's helpful. I'll try more fish and suggested oils.