Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weak and dizzy on IF page

Nursultan Tuyakbay is offline Junior Member

Weak and dizzy on IF

Primal Fuel
    I started 7 days ago leangains IF. It's going quite well, but every day around 14-15 hrs into the fast, I start feeling a bit weak and sometimes dizzy and lightheaded. Is this normal until body gets used to it, or I'm one of these that IF is not for?

Is leangains IF supposed to be done every day or should I have breaks during the week?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    low blood sugar from not eating
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

I have fat that I want to cut. I'm primal 3 years. Hasn't my body figured out how to use fat to get that sugar up? From what I've read only very low fat folks (<8% body fat) should have these problems...

My fasting glucose is fine (now it's 88, although 1.5 years ago it was 104, and 3 years ago before primal almost 120)

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Just keep in mind Derp consumes copious amounts of illegal drugs, caffeine, and candy on a daily basis when taking any nutritional advice from him.

Not that he's a bad guy, he just probably won't be saying things you're going to find too helpful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nursultan Tuyakbay View Post
    I have fat that I want to cut. I'm primal 3 years. Hasn't my body figured out how to use fat to get that sugar up? From what I've read only very low fat folks (<8% body fat) should have these problems...

My fasting glucose is fine (now it's 88, although 1.5 years ago it was 104, and 3 years ago before primal almost 120)
    It doesn't work that way, I'm just telling you what it is. Try to get more electrolytes while fasting, see if that helps.

Just keep in mind Derp consumes copious amounts of illegal drugs, caffeine, and candy on a daily basis when taking any nutritional advice from him.
    No, I really don't.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    No, I really don't.
    The 12 cups of coffee you boast about per day isn't "copious?"

Plus, you eat pretty much every two or so hours, right? Totally not what he's trying to achieve here. Maybe he's totally off base, but I would say he just needs more time to adjust. IFing can be useful although it's not for expecting immediate results from. Enter into it slowly and with caution would be my advice.

Even a full week (which he's been doing it since) is not enough time for some people. I've heard totals of up to a month suggested for certain individuals to adequately adjust to an appropriate IFing schedule.

Patience is warranted here.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't have made that statement about you Derp, but still... I don't think you are someone most people looking to go on Leangains would want to take advice from if they were aware of your daily consumption habits as in breakfasts of alcohol, tons of coffee and sugar, frequent meals... and playing with strange supps.

Yes to Keeping on top of those electrolytes, good call.

I naturally gravitated to an IF pattern of eating so I never had to try and change on purpose... never had to face these problems. But I suspect that if you are forcing a change that there will be some adjustment and maybe you'd want to spend a little time stretching the window out to make it easier on your body.
    Or, you know... you can just try to power through it. But that would not be my instinct if you aren't on some strict deadline for a competition or something like one of my friends does sometimes for her body competitions when she cuts.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-08-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    The 12 cups of coffee you boast about per day isn't "copious?"

Plus, you eat pretty much every two or so hours, right? Totally not what he's trying to achieve here. Maybe he's totally off base, but I would say he just needs more time to adjust. IFing can be useful although it's not for expecting immediate results from. Enter into it slowly and with caution would be my advice.
    I don't drink that much every day, and I never even mentioned coffee. I was just stating a fact regarding dizziness and not eating.

I don't eat every 2 hours anymore, I usually hate eating, so I just eat bigger portions, rather than grazing. I just eat when I'm hungry. Isn't one facet to IF to get hunger under control?

I wouldn't have made that statement about you Derp, but still... I don't think you are someone most people looking to go on Leangains would want to take advice from if they were aware of your daily consumption habits as in breakfasts of alcohol, tons of coffee, and sugar... and playing with strange supps.
    I don't agree with it, or like it, but I know about the principals of fasting from reading about it. Figured I'd contribute. Who the advice comes from shouldn't really make much difference, unless I posted something really outlandish, which I don't think I did here.

Oh, and I also did stints of fasting for a while, both intentionally, and unintentionally.

The things my two friends Drumroll and Paleobird repeatedly say about me in every thread I post in is irrelevant unless I actually advocate them.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 06-08-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks both of you.

Yeah, I just jumped into it by doing immediately 16 hour fasts. I'll take one day break and then try again.

I don't know what the "electrolytes" are. I just drink water and one cup of black coffee in the morning.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Nursultan Tuyakbay View Post
    Thanks both of you.

Yeah, I just jumped into it by doing immediately 16 hour fasts. I'll take one day break and then try again.

I don't know what the "electrolytes" are. I just drink water and one cup of black coffee in the morning.
    Electrolytes are sodium, potassium, and magnesium.

You have to keep them in balance. You lose them every time you take a piss, or sweat, or cry etc.

You need a bit more electrolytes on a low-carb diet. And you need to keep the ratio balanced too. Try to eat at least twice (preferably even more) potassium than you do sodium each day. Also, IFing and/or low carbing tends to increase overall need for electrolytes due to a sort of natural "diuretic" effect of the diet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast