Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BP coffee during fasting? page

Rattybag is offline Senior Member

Question BP coffee during fasting?

Im a bit confused about IF. different people seem to have different 'rules'.
    Im not losing my last 12lbs and Im stuck regardless of how strict I am or exercise I do. So i thought i would give the IF a go!
    However, due to medication I have to take, I cannot fast for days on end, but wondered what I CAN have but still be getting the effects of IF.

For example, can I just have BP coffee for 24 hours? Or how about my home made bone broth?

Or is this not fasting at all??
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    i recently did some reading up on it, pklopp's primers are a good read.

he adovcates coffee with cream below a certain percentage of your day's total calories count ( i think 5-10%). The calorie loading is then pretty minimal and if you're using butter or cream it's not coming from carbs or sugar either

i'm currently doing daily 18 hour IF but having two coffees with double (heavy) cream during that morning

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Most people here do not fast for days on end, generally 16/8 or 20/4. BP coffee is pretty high in calories, and bone broth can be, too, depending on how much fat you leave in there. I would say those will definitely not count for fasting.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeast View Post
    i recently did some reading up on it, pklopp's primers are a good read.
    Thanks for the info Greenbeast, thats certainly a good read about fasting!

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    but wondered what I CAN have but still be getting the effects of IF.

For example, can I just have BP coffee for 24 hours? Or how about my home made bone broth?
    Well the BP guy says you can drink the BP coffee and it doesn't break the process of autophagy, which might be the 'effects' you're wanting? It does break actual fasting, since you're consuming so many calories.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Well the BP guy says you can drink the BP coffee and it doesn't break the process of autophagy, which might be the 'effects' you're wanting? It does break actual fasting, since you're consuming so many calories.
    Ive just looked up and read about "autophagy" and if having BP coffee a couple of times a day and ONLY BP coffee, this seems to have the same effect on the body as total fasting. Therefore, why would anyone need to totally go without anything - except water?
    As long as calories are kept within limits would this help jolt my weightloss into action?

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    As long as calories are kept within limits would this help jolt my weightloss into action?
    The only way you'll know for sure is if you try it for a few weeks and see. Within calorie limits, it may help, but can't guarantee it for you. Some see great results.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Some people get very angry about "the definition of fasting requires zero calories," but many people use bulletproof intermittent fasting for health and to lose fat. You can read more on Dave Asprey's site, but the idea is that consuming only healthy fat calories does not break the fast metabolically and if you don't drink 8 cups a day you are still at a calorie deficit for the day without feeling too hungry. You also get the mental benefits of increased focus and concentration. Try it and see how it works for you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

BeatMD is offline Member
    Look up the steak and eggs diet thread

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you drink the coffee then you won't stop "fat burning" because you'll be burning through the fat you just consumed assuming there were no carbs or protein in the coffee.

On the other hand, you won't be burning through your body's fat until you burn through the "fat you just consumed" first so you may delay decomposition benefits of IFing just a little bit as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast