Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BP coffee during fasting? page 2

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Fasting can have multiple objectives/benefits. Two biggies are (1) autophagy and (2) fat loss.

(1) is NOT interrupted by consuming fat--especially SCT/MCT fats like butter and coconut
    (2) is interrupted by consuming fat, by the precise amount consumed

Since your goal is (2) I would focus more on overall satiety strategies. Maybe design a small arsenal of high-nutrient, macro-indifferent, low-calorie meals (kraut, soup, seafood, eggs, berries, etc.) that can displace a few others in the weekly rotation without interrupting your medication. The "last 10" are always going to be slow.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    On the other hand, you won't be burning through your body's fat until you burn through the "fat you just consumed" first.....
    I get your point Drumroll, so Im defeating the object somewhat! However, I will be in a calorie defecit at the end of the day, so must lose weight surely?
    Also, this might sound really stupid, but if Im in ketosis a short while after consuming a BP coffee, then can I safely assume the coffee I have had has burnt off?
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    I get your point Drumroll, so Im defeating the object somewhat! However, I will be in a calorie defecit at the end of the day, so must lose weight surely?
    Also, this might sound really stupid, but if Im in ketosis a short while after consuming a BP coffee, then can I safely assume the coffee I have had has burnt off?
    If you're in ketosis it just means that you are using fat as your primary fuel source. It doesn't matter if that comes from your diet or your body really.

It doesn't speak to the source of the fuel as much as the type of fuel.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    If you're in ketosis it just means that you are using fat as your primary fuel source. It doesn't matter if that comes from your diet or your body really. .
    Ohhhh!! Really?? I thought it meant my body was burning its own fat! Well I've certainly learned something new today! Thank you!
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    Ohhhh!! Really?? I thought it meant my body was burning its own fat! Well I've certainly learned something new today! Thank you!
    Yeah, it just means your body is metabolizing fat as fuel pretty efficiently. Dietary or body fat, it doesn't matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12