Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happens when we overeat on primal foods? page

aitchfourex is offline Junior Member

What happens when we overeat on primal foods?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello all!

I'm new here and I'm gearing up for father's day dinner... Which happens to be an Oriental buffet. Now, I'm avoiding all the carb laden foods and strictly going hard on the salad bar and the sashimi. We are all aware on what happens when we overeat on carbs (the horrors!), but are the effects just as detrimental when we totally going overboard on proteins and fats? I'd really appreciate insight and clarifications. Any other tips on how to prepare for a massive influx of proteins and fats would also be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

NOTE: Just for clarity, I'm not going to be eating the carby foods. Strictly meats and veggies.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Carbs don't make you fat, excess calories do. So if you overeat any type of calories, they will go to fat storage after glycogen stores and muscle repair.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Derpamix is offline Senior Member

i just...
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    One meal one time regardless of what it is, is not going to ruin all the things. Enjoy the buffet and continue eating primal after it, and you should be fine.

Unless you have some kind of food allergy or sensitivity that will you make you ill, I wouldn't sweat it overly much. But I'm all about trying to get go of food being an issue. It should just be food.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    The buffet is probably loaded with some type of seed oil, so you're better off eating more of the rice and avoiding the meats in sauces. Or you can just enjoy the meal and not worry about any of it.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If you chronically overeat on primal foods you get subcutaneous fat. If you overeat one big meal, you probably will sleep poorly, maybe wake up in the night burning hot and probably won't feel very hungry for breakfast. Then you'll get over it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    If you chronically overeat on primal foods you get subcutaneous fat. If you overeat one big meal, you probably will sleep poorly, maybe wake up in the night burning hot and probably won't feel very hungry for breakfast. Then you'll get over it.
    ^Truth.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Chinese is typically more of an oil hazard than a carb hazard, assuming we all know to skip the battered appetizers and lo mein.

Strategically, I'd fill my stomach cavity with cold or steamed seafood, eggs, vegetables, and rice, then try 1-2 bites of anything else that struck my fancy while saving a little room for fruit. Agonizing over one celebratory meal isn't necessary.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

elvenhp is offline Member
    For a newbie,what is the best way to prevent overeating primal foods? Few days doing fit day to get the idea then not counting? Or watching portions and counting everything like I'm used to doing? Thanks for the info!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    It's extremely hard to overeat protein heavy meals, I would say you'll stop long before you have anything to worry about.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast