Thread: Primal Journal (dcarroll_19) page

dcarroll_19 is online now Junior Member

Primal Journal (dcarroll_19)

Shop Now
    I guess now is as good a time as any to start a journal. I am about 26 days into my Primal journey. Intitially, motivation came from the success of those in this forum. Now it also comes from my own successes, not only physically but mentally. I'm very excited about what's to come and this seems like the perfect place to document it.

I started my Primal journey on 6-May-2013 at the age of 40yrs and ~9 months.

Starting weight - 186lbs. Goal Weight ~160lbs (last seen in the late 1990's)

Day 1, I stumbled on to this site out of frustration. CW and a SAD diet was getting me nowhere, slowly. Bust my butt regularly only to eat away any gains (actually, I guess losses) I might have had. Energy bars, "low fat", portion control, whole wheat, "diet" soda, etc. Excercise consisted of an hour or more of time on a treadmill, most mornings, trying to burn as many calories as I could, because I knew I was going to need to eat to keep my energy level up to make it through the work day. I signed up for the daily email tips from MDA and spent the first week reading each one. Hey, this makes sense! I immediately ordered Primal Blueprint.

Week 2(12-18May), already seeing some changes in my body and enjoying the benefits of extra energy. And I'm eating BACON!!!!!! Bodyweight excercises, long walks/hikes and keeping my carbs at/below 150g a day. By the end of this week I will have lost almost 5lbs? It took me from Jan-Apr of 2013 to lose 12lbs my "old" way (I was at my heaviest measured weight of 198lbs in January).

Week 3(19-25May), Bought a minimalist shoe, actually 2 pairs. These things are comfortable. My arms, waist, and legs feel "harder", my clothes are fitting better. Minimal change in bodyweight but I'm working my way to LGN! 3lbs lost.

Week 4(26May-1Jun), Walking, bodyweight excercises(increasing reps), staying at or below 100g carbs is not as challenging as I thought it would be. I find myself "thinking" less before I chose something to eat. Good decisions are coming more naturally. Breads, cereals, pasta, grains, donuts, cake, artificial sweetners all look different now. The desire/addiction is fading. A new occassional treat, DARK CHOCOLATE. I used to hate this stuff. I still have an end of the day beer (Michelob Ultra 2.5g Carb). This is my weakness. 3 more lbs down.

Week 5 is almost complete. I joined a gym this week. This is a first for me. Lifting weights has never been high on my list of things to do. Mostly out of embarrassment. I think I was 14 the last time I did this (weighing in at about 120lbs). However, I feel I can make significant improvements if I include 2-3 days of basic strength training with free weights. This week in the gym has been a time to get comfortable with the equipment and discover where to begin next week. Life is good. Limited weight loss this week, 1lb. One belt hole tighter. 3 total since day 1. Pant size is down from a 34" to a 32".

I think I'm caught up now. Just need to record the measurements somewhere here from day 1 and add day 35. I meant to do this on day 30 and let time pass me by. Oh well.

Do you normally post progress pictures in an album on your profile page, or in your journal? I should read more I guess.

Thanks for stopping by.

Supper - bison burger, bacon, lettuce, avocado, sharp cheddar cheese.

Sent from my XT901 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hi DCarroll! Welcome! Good luck with your Journey! Lots of nice folks here!

David Carroll likely a cousin, somewhere along the line!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Thank you David!

Long work day Saturday, but a great night's sleep afterward.

Sunday was a day a field archery, walking through the woods and enjoining some much needed sunshine. Pulled pork for lunch.
    1370856981976.jpg
    1370857028658.jpg

Dinner was a delicious recipe my daughter picked out, just for me, gingery beef and broccoli.
    1370856958867.jpg

Sent using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

3x5 bench press
    4x10 flies
    4x10 Pushdowns
    3x5 shoulder press
    4x10 dumbbell curls

Sent Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app