Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are the most anti-inflammatory foods? page 2

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey, regarding shampoos, has anyone made their own? I was looking at the skin deep database (ewg dot org /skindeep) and there is a lot of really toxic stuff even in so-called "natural" shampoo and skin care products.

I like to mess around with stuff, so I may try some homemade shampoo. I found an easy recipe on wellnessmama. I've used bronner's soap and I think it would be really harsh as shampoo.

Cheers!
    sg

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Spicegirl, I do not make my own shampoo, but I go poo-less. Basically, once a week I do a 4-5-hour long castor oil wrap (Sunday night relaxation time), then rub egg into my hair and wash it off thoroughly under the running warm water. That's all my hair need. I have a short hair cut, but if I needed more washing, I'd add one more egg rub with a herbal wash (steeping some leaves. They use birch where I came from, but I am sure mint or fennel or rose petals or lavender or whatever will do just fine.)
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Since we are sharing experiences: has anyone conquered persistent facial skin inflammation? I am hoping eggless&nightshade-less diet might help, but before this only going fruitless helped some. Anything, anyone? I am so miffed!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

miniGrokette is offline Member
    So is the general consensus that I should quit eggs? Maybe I will just try removing egg whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Since we are sharing experiences: has anyone conquered persistent facial skin inflammation? I am hoping eggless&nightshade-less diet might help, but before this only going fruitless helped some. Anything, anyone? I am so miffed!
    Ironically, whenever I have an issue with my face I put egg whites on my skin for about 20 minutes (until it hardens) and then rinse it off. My skin always looks improved even after doing it once. The only other thing I notice is when I'm home visiting my parents and I go to the beach. I swear swimming in salt water has cured pretty much every dermatitis patch after one day of swimming. Maybe I'll make some sea salt water at home and try that.

The only other thing I can think is to live completely sugar-free.

Leida,

Thanks for sharing your hair approach. I've done the no-poo as well as the Mexican rag method (use two wash cloths for 100 strokes under water). But, I would like a bit more.

So, let me confirm...you apply castor oil to hair, after a few hours rub in an egg and rinse with water. Does all the oil come out? I want to do oil treatments, but am concerned that the oil won't come out without shampoo.

I have longer than shoulder-length hair, but want to give this a try. If I'm missing anything, please let me know.

Thanks!
    sg

otzi Guest
    Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com

Go to this site and plug your food in the calculator. It comes up with all the nutrition data including an inflammation scale. Pretty cool!

miniGrokette,

I had a funky patch of dermatitis (or something) on my knee. I noticed that it started after I knelt down onto a nasty floor (we were gutting a house). I thought I should wash it off, but I forgot. After that I had a circle of dry, flaky, red skin. It stuck around for years, but one thing that helped to sooth it was a Psorzema cream by Derma-e. I tried all kinds of crazy things and that would at least calm it down.

HTH!
    sg

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    I just know this.....I have had osteoarthritis of the knees for at least 10 years, and sciatica issues as well as other shooting, throbbing, unexplained pains up and down my legs.....after 2 months of cutting out all grains, and going pretty low carb and higher fat, no processed foods, etc., my knees have never felt better, and I have NO sciatica issues! Hmmmmmm.......I'm pretty sure cutting out grains (cereal, bread, pasta) is the main reason.....

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com

Go to this site and plug your food in the calculator. It comes up with all the nutrition data including an inflammation scale. Pretty cool!
    Otzi.... your kidding right? Your too smart to think that is legit.

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    and, I have rosacea issue, especially on my forehead, red splotchy area right in the middle of my forehead, and IT IS GONE! Hmmmmmm.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast