Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is all a little OVERWHELMING but still awesome. page

yaslind is offline Junior Member

This is all a little OVERWHELMING but still awesome.

Primal Fuel
    My husband and I have been primal for 5 weeks now. He's doing it because I'm doing it, and I'm the cook in our house. So far he's lost 16lbs and I've lost 9. Today I'm doing my first IF trying to jumpstart my weightloss a bit. I'm just amazed and starting to get overwhelmed with the amount of changes that we're implementing into our lives. Our food choices are competely different (which I LOVE, we are eating the most delicious meals right now), we're taking supplements every day, trying to sleep more at night, walking more, and now fasting. I'm simultaneously becoming obsessed with all of the new info and getting a bit lost in who we are as people now. Everything is so opposite what we've been told all of our lives. This is a truly life-changing turn around for me, and it has my head spinning a bit. This is by far the easiest and most obviously natural diet that I've ever been on but I still have to remind myself that fat is not bad, that I can skip not only breakfast but lunch, etc. I really wish all of this were more mainstream in my area. I sometimes feel like I have the bright crazed eyes of a zealot when I'm discussing all of this with my very skeptical CW friends. Even my husband who has weight just melting off of him is not really buying all of this. So what a relief to have this website and forum to validate and reinforce how I'm feeling as a newly awakened primal being.

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    It took a few months before my wife and I became adjusted to the new "us". We still comment sometimes on how different we are than we ever imagined we would be, and how much we truly enjoy our lives right now. It's surreal, isn't it?

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    My boyfriend is giving Primal living a try based on the results I'm getting (improved energy, weight loss, etc.) He's getting good results but still doesn't believe this is healthy, and he refers to Mark's Daily Apple as "the cult" and to Mark as "the cult leader." I don't care what anyone says. My results are REAL! I have never felt better. I wish I'd known about this years ago.

It is quite amazing that just eating differently can so positively affect so many different areas of our lives. I agree. I'm not overwhelmed, but I do feel a bit "obsessed." I really have to watch what I say to people though. It's only natural that when we start eating better, we start feeling better, and we're more positive, and that tends to radiate. If you radiate onto a negative person, it can really backfire. So when someone asks me what I'm doing differently, I just say "I'm eating right and exercising." If they're truly interested, I'll continue into more detail, but typically people don't REALLY want to know. Just like when they say "how are you" and don't wait for an answer!

Tell anyone who thinks this is a cult (LMAO) that a real cult would advocate being a vegetarian...because it's a proven fact (or at least I've heard it is) that most "cults" can brainwash people because they don't eat enough protein...not enough protein means lesser brain function. We're way too smart for that...we eat too much protein to be brainwashed! And anyway, if it's a cult...I'll drink the Koolaid. Without the sugar of course! LOL!

Mahewa is offline Member

People Are Envious Of Success

It is great to hear the positive stories from you guys. It is normal that people doesn't want to hear about positive progress from another person as you have hit a very sensitive point in their life. They know that they should change as well but are not brave enough to do so.
    The result is that they blame you to protect themselves.

The interesting thing is, when you continue to be successful they will one day come back to you and ask. HOW DID YOU DO IT?...
    Alternative Medicine For Body And Mind

alexa85 is offline Senior Member
    i'm right there with you. it is very overwhelming. i have transitioned into this life a little bit better than my partner melissa who has always been directed (i.e. forced) by me to change her eating habits which were really poor to start out with. i find myself talking about this constantly and telling anyone who will listen about it i'm sure it's annoying but i wouldn't be doing it if i didn't believe whole heartedly in it. one thing i get very frustrated with is the teasing or picking that kinda comes with it. i don't have to worry about it so much because i work for my parents out of their home office, but melissa works in the office of a large manufacturing facility (we live in the deep south) with some pretty po-dunk people. she gets all kinds of ribbing about her eating habits at company lunches. needless to say these comments come from those who are overweight or with type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure. so irritating!
    i will maintain the truth
    i knew naturally as a child
    i won't forfeit my creativity
    to a world that's all laid out for me
    i'll look at everything around me
    and i will vow to bear in mind
    that all of this was just someone's idea
    it could just as well be mine - ani difranco

Bane is offline Senior Member
    The main problem I have is everyone tells me this is "modified atkins". :/

Baker72 is offline Junior Member
    As time goes on it will become less and less overwhelming and just the way you live life...and you won't think about the choices you make you will just MAKE THEM because you know what your doing and have been educated.

Keep up the good work.

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    The main problem I have is everyone tells me this is "modified atkins". :/
    I don't even get the "modified." Oh well...

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Because I was being seen and discussed as the crazy eyed zealot, I've made a conscious decision to STOP discussing diet with other people for awhile. I have a long way to go before my example will speak for itself because I let myself go so far; so for now this has become a very personal journey. I guess starting a journal or a blog about what I'm doing might provide the outlet I am closing. But when most of the weight is off and my health restored, the crazy eyed zealot will be back out of the closet seeking converts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast