Thread: Fatigue After Illness page

Sambola is offline Junior Member

Fatigue After Illness

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey

I'm pretty new to the site but love what I've found, currently 5 days in to eating primal and already feeling a lot better.

I have an issue though I would be hugely grateful if anybody could shine some light on, since my doctor seems to be stumped.

I got a case of cellulitis after travelling last month and a suspected viral infection, the result was me knocked for six. I was initially in bed for a weekend and then had a subsequent week of feeling like death this was in early May and I'm still back to normal. I went back into the gym after 2 weeks to do 20min cardio and some light weights but it leaves me exhausted for 3-4 days after wards. It feels like my adrenals are shot because my mind and body are screaming at me to work out but as soon as I do I get elevated heart beat for like 48 hours and then then shitty worn out feeling, which is crazy as I was doing much more intense exercise before.

Was wondering if anybody else has had issues with fatigue and rebuilding their fitness and any nutrition tips or information that might help. I'm currently eating primal today's meals so far have been eggs and spinach for breakfastt, chicken thighs, kale & blueberries for lunch with an apple snack in between. For dinner I'm having wild salmon with some more leafy greens and nuts.

Supplement wise I'm taking ashwangara, coenzyme q10, a good multi that includes iodine & a magnesium sup.

Any help is appreciated as feeling drained sucks!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    This is going to sound very dismissive, but try eating more carbs.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Hey, I have always eaten a lot of carbs. I only discovered primal a week ago, that was 4 weeks after the fatigue began so I doubt it could be that. I will defo include more carbs with my primal though thinking about it maybe some potatoes and sweet potatoes and possibly brown rice before exercise.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'd suggest you probably need some RECOVERY. Rest. Doing nothing. Absolutely nothing.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Thank you, I think you are right, I'm starting to feel better again and am gonna stick to some brisk walks for exercise for the next two weeks instead of hitting the gym like I did before.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'd suggest you probably need some RECOVERY. Rest. Doing nothing. Absolutely nothing.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    If you JUST cut your carbs down a lot, that you are possibly going to go through carb flu on top of whatever else is going on. I don't think that's wise, but that's just me.

BTW, wild rice is preferable to brown rice, if you're going to have it, but neither are strictly primal as they are grains. Potatoes and some fruit would be a good option.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks, that makes sense. I'm gonna throw out the rice in favour of some sweet potatoes and a few baked potatoes over the next week