Thread: Flatu-less page

Hulmy is offline Junior Member

Flatu-less

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been eating a zero refined carb diet for a long time now, and have fell off the wagon more than once. What's always been quite amusing to me is the disappearance of flatulence when adhering to eating the way we evolved to eat and the return (with gusto ) of the gases following a tumble from the wagon.

From a protein shake guzzling fart machine subjecting my uni housemates to horrendously noxious fumes (me and my gym partner/friend in tandem waging a literally every 5 minute air assault was hell for them) to a guy who now let's one rip probably about once a week on average.

I know the reasons - no bloated wheat belly and easily digestible food and whatnot. I just wondered whether anyone else has noted the same effect in themselves. Sprouts can still bring about the thunder (obviously) but in general the air in my home is much 'fresher' these days.

It also makes me wonder about another, wider aspect. Methane release from cows is allegedly a big environmental issue right now, but is this only because, like the modern man, they are now eating a diet that would be alien to their ancestors? Commercial cows are fed genetically modified wheat and soy feeds no doubt loaded with tons of other crap. Are they like humans, only turning windy because of what they're fed? They like to eat grass. I've read books about Genetic Modification (Seeds of Deception by JM Smith and Seeds of Destruction by FW Engdahl - recommended) and they purport to stories of wild animals leaving fields of GM crops completely untouched while devouring the non GM crops adjacent to them. Commercial cattle have no such choice.

I guess we need a volunteer to hang around a couple of cow's arses for a while to truly know whether or not my theory is correct (anyone? I'm, erm, kind of busy). If it is indeed correct, we may have another cause to celebrate pastured meat and a potential solution to a grave environmental danger!

Steve

Apologies to anyone offended by my use of the words 'fart' and 'arses', but it is 2013, surely the taboo around those words expired long ago
    Last edited by Hulmy; 06-07-2013 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Typo's

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    No expiration on taboo! You are a filthy person! Shun!

I don't know about the cow farts, but I also rarely fart on paleo. Used to be a fog machine.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    I actually had the same thought about cows, and farting. It makes sense. What is even stranger here in Alberta is the breed of cattle that is raised isn't always well adapted to the climate. It would make more sense to raise Bison since they naturally evolved for the North American plains, and do extremely well on just the natural grassland without intervention...Kind of like working with nature instead of against it.

I will also say the since going primal I have been stinking it up a lot less!!

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I am in ketosis now, and not farting is one of the first things that I noticed! lol

There is typically a single, tread-mill induced and dreadful exception to this, once daily, and it is truly horrible in all directions.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    yup, totally noticed that. when i fall off the wagon not only is there tremendous power in my flatulent self but there is also tremendous rankness. it's those times i am thankful i live alone (although my last BF told me he loved me after being exposed to me in a tent environment and under MAJOR GI distress - too bad he wasn't so forgiving in other areas of life).

(those with weak stomachs should not have clicked the link)