Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Dating page 9

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The first time I read about that was the death knell of my identification with contemporary feminism. I thought "This; this right here is why people make fun of feminists." And it just went downhill from there. "All exercise is self-imposed torture in pursuit of a fascistic beauty ideal" was the day I closed the browser and stopped calling myself a feminist.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Go to POF.com ™ The Leading Free Online Dating Site for Singles & Personals, I told 4 of my friends to follow this plan and they're happier than ever

Get an account, post a pic of you having fun, not a serious pose

Write a profile that highlights the fun and charming Side of you

Don't say you're looking for fwb or a gf, just say you're looking for so done with a great personality and loves life so you can share it with them.

Be patient, pay attention to all red flags, don't be the first one totals about sex or intimacy, be vague and mysterious but not creepy (don't lie tho), let her be the first to ask to meet or exchange numbers, and pick a public place for a meeting you think she would be most comfortable (no longer than an hour for too many reasons to list).

Profit

Ps, look at as many profiles as possible, women always check who looked at them, do t message them, often they'll message you first if they're interested. This will give you a good idea of how to send the best messages to get a bite.
    Last edited by kenn; 06-08-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I already posted enough on this to give you an idea, and no, it has nothing to do with what you said.
    I don't follow you around on the forums. If you have a point to make, it should be simple. Otherwise, it's probably b.s.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    However, I don't like to admit it because it seems that current feminism consists primarily of accusations of "slut-shaming" and whining about the beauty ideal/banging the fat acceptance drum.
    I feel like all the feminists I ever knew were just angry because they could not attract men. They wanted to put no effort into their appearance or charm. I have a friend that *hates men* and she is fat and frumpy, won't dress nicely and just talks about her dogs. Men are "assholes" and "shmucks". She reminds me of the guys with manboobs and a Nintendo remote glued to their hands that call all women "sluts" and "shallow" because they can't get dates. But she gets to be called a "feminist" and they are just losers.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    She reminds me of the guys with manboobs and a Nintendo remote glued to their hands that call all women "sluts" and "shallow" because they can't get dates. But she gets to be called a "feminist" and they are just losers.
    Not to be 'that guy' but sluts sleep with everyone. Bitches sleep with everyone but you. Therefore, as a former representative of the manboob-Nintendo club I have to report that women are bitches. (I'm kidding and trying to bring a little levity to the conversation )

As for the whole feminist thing, it is like much else - starts as a good idea then goes crazy. Women are less than equal, feminism means making them equal. Yay. Minorities are oppressed civil rights groups etc fight to make them equal - Yay! Same with gay rights groups, and whatever else rights groups. The problem comes when all-in-all that equality is reached and suddenly said groups are left with no meaning or purpose and the reasonable types smile, pat each other on the back, say 'job well done' and go off to do whatever it is they do. This leaves the kooks to make the movement look bad (pretty much every movement not feminism exclusively.) Feminists did some great things. Now they are perceived as man hating harpies. The NAACP did some great things. Now they are perceived as a group that hates whites. Unions were awesome back in the day but now many see them as lazy sonsabitches who want to kill American manufacturing so they can keep their 6 coffee breaks and $100K+ pensions. The messages gets lost as time progresses.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I don't follow you around on the forums. If you have a point to make, it should be simple. Otherwise, it's probably b.s.
    Dude, it's in this thread. I've never had problems with women, so that can't be blamed.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Go to POF.com ™ The Leading Free Online Dating Site for Singles & Personals, I told 4 of my friends to follow this plan and they're happier than ever

Get an account, post a pic of you having fun, not a serious pose

Write a profile that highlights the fun and charming Side of you

Don't say you're looking for fwb or a gf, just say you're looking for so done with a great personality and loves life so you can share it with them.

Be patient, pay attention to all red flags, don't be the first one totals about sex or intimacy, be vague and mysterious but not creepy (don't lie tho), let her be the first to ask to meet or exchange numbers, and pick a public place for a meeting you think she would be most comfortable (no longer than an hour for too many reasons to list).

Profit

Ps, look at as many profiles as possible, women always check who looked at them, do t message them, often they'll message you first if they're interested. This will give you a good idea of how to send the best messages to get a bite.
    I need to work on the photos part. I don't carry around cameras or get thousands of "tags" like most post-teen kids these days. I'm a man! Not a post-teen.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Dude, it's in this thread. I've never had problems with women, so that can't be blamed.
    Are you complaining about relationships with feminists or the political mess they can create? Because feminists are so rarely on the political radar that I don't see why it's even worth discussing. That's why I assumed you were referring to the relationship side of the equation.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Are you complaining about relationships with feminists or the political mess they can create? Because feminists are so rarely on the political radar that I don't see why it's even worth discussing. That's why I assumed you were referring to the relationship side of the equation.
    Modern feminism's reach is definitely a lot wider than you give it credit for.

But, yes, political, and also just sheer annoyance as pointed out by other people in this thread. It was more like a rant on my behalf caused by a post from our resident femnazi eKatherine.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

wiltondeportes Guest
    Modern feminism's reach is definitely a lot wider than you give it credit for.

But, yes, political, and also just sheer annoyance as pointed out by other people in this thread. It was more like a rant on my behalf caused by a post from our resident femnazi eKatherine.
    What is their reach?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast