Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Dating page 5

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Something tells me this is going to end up like that "Why won't some men lift weights?" thread. The universe is now back in balance.

Cathartes is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Something tells me this is going to end up like that "Why won't some men lift weights?" thread. The universe is now back in balance.
    Should I start a new thread, entitled, "FEMINISM: Let's fight about it!"? Or should the thread predictably decay? Pretty soon, someone should compare something to Nazism.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Maybe, but given her track record, it seemed like more double standards. I've created fake iCupid accounts before, with a photo of some overly macho goon, and you wouldn't believe the amount of retarded women that flocked to the profile and posted the most asinine comments and practically begged for sex. Even after I repeatedly insulted them. It's not a male only thing, by a long shot.
    Women like sex, too. Shocking, I know. Also, there are women that have found that sleeping with a guy is the best/only way to get his attention. With "overly macho goons," the odds of bonding over poetry or your favorite dog breed is slim. By insulting them, you were merely reinforcing that the male attached to the profile was the type that was more interested in what was happening between her legs than what was happening between her ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathartes View Post
    Is there a descriptor that I'm missing that will say that I think that human beings can be equally intelligent, moronic, self-absorbed, insightful, incompetent, or talented regardless of whether they are pink, brown, black, male, female, able, disabled, gay, straight, asexual, atheist, pagan, christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu (and so forth, and so forth, P.C. police) and believes in calling people on their discriminatory bullshit? Because that's what I am.
    I tend to go with "I don't discriminate- I hate everyone."
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Women like sex, too. Shocking, I know. Also, there are women that have found that sleeping with a guy is the best/only way to get his attention. With "overly macho goons," the odds of bonding over poetry or your favorite dog breed is slim. By insulting them, you were merely reinforcing that the male attached to the profile was the type that was more interested in what was happening between her legs than what was happening between her ears.
    Yes, that was my point. I was basically saying the opposite to them, I was talking about literature, and you'd be surprised how many 20+ year olds have never read a book in their lives. The goon picture was an experiment to see what they were more captivated by, you know, like how women claim men are shallow meandering sex slaves, who only care about their body. They were only interested in one thing, clearly, no matter which way you try to spin it to defend your sex.

I fail to see how insulting them has anything to do with that, especially when I was just making fun of them for their lack of culture, taking it back, and seeing them immediately respond with "lol xD ur so sexy".
    nihil

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    A feminist is a person who supports equal opportunity for women as men. One who is opposed to feminism thinks that women should have fewer opportunities than men, or none at all. We know where Derp stands on that issue.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Yes, that was my point. I was basically saying the opposite to them, I was talking about literature, and you'd be surprised how many 20+ year olds have never read a book in their lives. The goon picture was an experiment to see what they were more captivated by, you know, like how women claim men are shallow meandering sex slaves, who only care about their body. They were only interested in one thing, clearly, no matter which way you try to spin it to defend your sex.

I fail to see how insulting them has anything to do with that, especially when I was just making fun of them for their lack of culture, taking it back, and seeing them immediately respond with "lol xD ur so sexy".
    From your description of the profiles- pictures of a macho goon followed by insulting the women- I'm not sure how I was supposed to realize that you had added anything to the profile that would catch the eye of a woman with higher standards.

But, yes, a handful, or a dozen, girls/women that are under-cultured and just want to climb in bed totally undoes the stereotype that men want sex and women want relationships. Gee. You got me.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

regarding the users of OK Cupid, if you want a laugh, you should check out http://okcebooks.tumblr.com/

The upshot is: a female user responds to all messages by quoting the (nonsensical) tweets of horse_ebooks, and yet the messages continue. (a male user could probably do the same, with similar results)

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    If a woman wants equality, why fight for female rights?

Why not be Equalist, instead of feminist?

Oh, and OP - re. online dating: Some people do find love there, but predominantly it's good for going on dates and hooking up for short term relationships.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    A feminist is a person who supports equal opportunity for women as men. One who is opposed to feminism thinks that women should have fewer opportunities than men, or none at all. We know where Derp stands on that issue.
    And where do I stand on that, oh purveyor of equality? Equality doesn't equal wanting to cut the dick off every man, and make them out to be the worst possible person, based on, what, a few bad cases? I've shown I can do the same thing with women. That's just insanity.

From your description of the profiles- pictures of a macho goon followed by insulting the women- I'm not sure how I was supposed to realize that you had added anything to the profile that would catch the eye of a woman with higher standards.

But, yes, a handful, or a dozen, girls/women that are under-cultured and just want to climb in bed totally undoes the stereotype that men want sex and women want relationships. Gee. You got me.
    That's what you get from assuming, repeatedly, as shown by your blatant use of trite overblown stereotypes.

Things have changed, welcome to the new world. I know plenty of deep men, and women, not at all like that.
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    There's plenty more, but that's the jist of it. Just be careful, ya know. If you only want friends with benefits, I suggest ChatRoulette, Craigslist, or some kind of fetish website that includes open relationships and all that jazz. Or, try finding someone right here on MDA! lol.
    There's probably a great market opportunity in a Primal/Paleo dating community. No more S.O.s stocking the cabinets with twinkies, a shared bond over grassfed beef and pastured butter--sounds like true love to me! Mark should definitely get on that, lol.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast