Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Dating page 4

Cathartes is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have no personal experience (but probably will be internet dating when I have more time/have finished some classes). But out of the 3 of my cousins that have gotten married in the past 2 years, 2 met online--and all of them and their new spouses are great, intelligent, interesting people. So, it does work, but you'll have to wade through some duds (just like in real life!)

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    eKatherine, why are you such a man hating feminist? Honest question.
    nihil

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    eKatherine, why are you such a man hating feminist? Honest question.
    Where did you get that from? I thought her description of it was pretty spot-on.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I have been with the same person since Senior year in high school, so I don't know much on the dating side of things. But, I can tell you that back in high school, it was easy to meet my partner (and potential partners). I would go to class with people around my age, and work part time jobs with people around my age. We would have several things in common; being that hating your job, liking a certain class, or heck, living in the same neighborhood. It was easy to make friends when you're constantly around the same groups of people with similar things in common, and this held true for me even through college.

But, I am out of college. I don't have classes or some community with similar ages, or things in common. I go to work, there are huge age gaps, people don't 'hang out' after work like they did at the grocery store. There's not much in common, because everyone does a different job, works different hours, and lives in a different town (most people commute from somewhere within a 50 mile radius, any direction). I don't know how I would meet a partner, and hell, I haven't made a new friend since college.

Such is life. So I can see how online dating would be beneficial in the adult world, for sure. You get to that point where you're doing your own thing, and going to a bar or dance club alone is just awkward. It gets hard to meet people and form relationships, when you're no longer in a set schedule with a set group of people with at least some things in common. I wonder if they have online friend meeting communities, seriously?
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Where did you get that from? I thought her description of it was pretty spot-on.
    Maybe, but given her track record, it seemed like more double standards. I've created fake iCupid accounts before, with a photo of some overly macho goon, and you wouldn't believe the amount of retarded women that flocked to the profile and posted the most asinine comments and practically begged for sex. Even after I repeatedly insulted them. It's not a male only thing, by a long shot.
    nihil

Maybe, but given her track record, it seemed like more double standards. I've created fake iCupid accounts before, with a photo of some overly macho goon, and you wouldn't believe the amount of retarded women that flocked to the profile and posted the most asinine comments and practically begged for sex. Even after I repeatedly insulted them. It's not a male only thing, by a long shot.
    Wait, wait, are you saying that both men and women can be moronic, shallow, and sex-crazed?? That men and women are often equal in their asininity and nymphomania?

What are you, a man-hating feminist or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathartes View Post
    Wait, wait, are you saying that both men and women can be moronic, shallow, and sex-crazed?? That men and women are often equal in their asininity and nymphomania?

What are you, a man-hating feminist or something?
    yes

I am vehemently anti-feminist though, it once stood for equality, now god knows what it stands for, it's beyond fucked up
    nihil

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Sorry I let the secret out.

yes

I am vehemently anti-feminist though, it once stood for equality, now god knows what it stands for, it's beyond fucked up
    Is there a descriptor that I'm missing that will say that I think that human beings can be equally intelligent, moronic, self-absorbed, insightful, incompetent, or talented regardless of whether they are pink, brown, black, male, female, able, disabled, gay, straight, asexual, atheist, pagan, christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu (and so forth, and so forth, P.C. police) and believes in calling people on their discriminatory bullshit? Because that's what I am.

The "man-hating feminist" trope gets my hackles up. Perhaps we should call ourselves "classical feminists", or "equalitarians", then, because the word "feminist" is tied up with so much rhetoric and BS.

Still, if you believe that the sexes can be equally moronic and that double gender standards are bullshit, you are a feminist in the classical and technical sense. (as opposed to the distorted 7th-wave sense)

**your regularly scheduled online dating discussion may now resume**

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As far as I can tell, the Feminist movement ended decades ago. Great things were accomplished, and now us ladies can go to school and apply for the same jobs as the menfolk, not to mention vote.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast