Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Dating page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Most women on sites like that are looking to get to know guys, with the understanding that later they may meet and have a physical relationship. They know that most guys are looking for fast sex and imagine that if the sex is good enough and the woman charming and good-looking enough, they may want to get to know her. Later. And the women know some of the guys are outright lying about it and many more are being dishonest with themselves about their intentions.

That's the morass you are dropping into.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Most women on sites like that are looking to get to know guys, with the understanding that later they may meet and have a physical relationship. They know that most guys are looking for fast sex and imagine that if the sex is good enough and the woman charming and good-looking enough, they may want to get to know her. Later. And the women know some of the guys are outright lying about it and many more are being dishonest with themselves about their intentions.

That's the morass you are dropping into.
    That isn't any different from the dating game as a whole though.

After recalling that Calhoun study, I feel even stronger in my convictions that sex must be freed and the "nuclear family" must be nuked for people to be happier with these social arrangements in our huge modern society. Of course, the only logical way for this to happen is to create even denser networks, ala the tribes that we were once a part of. Will this necessitate a move away from dense populations? Or can a polyamorous society succeed with the current infastructure?

THAT is one hell of a question that I have yet to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    That isn't any different from the dating game as a whole though.

After recalling that Calhoun study, I feel even stronger in my convictions that sex must be freed and the "nuclear family" must be nuked for people to be happier with these social arrangements in our huge modern society. Of course, the only logical way for this to happen is to create even denser networks, ala the tribes that we were once a part of. Will this necessitate a move away from dense populations? Or can a polyamorous society succeed with the current infastructure?

THAT is one hell of a question that I have yet to answer.
    You'll fit right in. Most women expect that many of the men on such sites are opposed to marriage on principle, but are not opposed to women supporting them or waiting on them hand and foot.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    You'll fit right in. Most women expect that many of the men on such sites are opposed to marriage on principle, but are not opposed to women supporting them or waiting on them hand and foot.
    You're saying I'll fit in with the girls? Because you said I would fit in with the guys in your last post.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-07-2013 at 04:57 AM.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    My neighbor shared a lot about online dating with me. I heard all about the penis pics and, well, she sent men pic of her pussy.

OK, let's just equate this to the old way. If we met at the grocery, you said, hey cutie, nice bacon. And I said thanks.... then you showed me your dick. I'd call the police. If I showed you my twat, you'd probably leave me a $50 when we were done.

Oddly, I met some of the men she dated, and a couple were genuinely nice and concerned about her. And I was always like, why the hell are they swapping pics of their genitals? That's just bizarre. It's not like in most relationships you spend hours that much time looking at a cock or pussy. I'd be more impressed with a pic of your tidy kitchen or clean car.

The other thing....she had a formula for her profile.... and it didn't reflect her at all. It was a generic woman who "enjoys football (no), her dog (that she tried to give to me) and cooking (no)".

Now another friend did online dating and found girls that were perfect on paper, then had no chemistry with them.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Oddly, I met some of the men she dated, and a couple were genuinely nice and concerned about her. And I was always like, why the hell are they swapping pics of their genitals? That's just bizarre. It's not like in most relationships you spend hours that much time looking at a cock or pussy. I'd be more impressed with a pic of your tidy kitchen or clean car.
    When I used to hang out in chat rooms, I would say that if I had to see a guy naked on cam, he had to be washing dishes.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I have sympathy for both sides of the equation. Free sex has been tried many times in many countries under many names, and yet we seem to pair bond, even those of us who chose not to breed and have indulged in serial monogamy.

JoanieL's theory on the whole free sex/one night stand thing:

First the physical. If you (generic you, not addressed to anyone specific) believe that sex is only a biological function like shitting, then I guess you can fuck whomever you want and walk away unaffected by the whole experience. However, you guys don't get your groove on mostly 'til your 40s and I know few women under that age who have orgasms from one night stands. So all we walk away from a one night stand with is some goo and the need for a shower.

The emotional + physical. You guys have outies. You stick a part of your body into something. We women have innies. We take someone into our bodies. You can't relate to us on that and we can't relate to you. To be really crass, I could stick my finger (since I don't have a penis) into a jar of mustard and feel nothing, but at the very least, I'd feel discomfort if the jar of mustard was stuck into me.

The lies on both sides. Men who pretend sex means something and women who pretend it doesn't.

All of the above shit gets us all into trouble with misunderstandings. I'm sorry if it sounds sexist, but men and women are different when it comes to sex. I don't believe the old BS about men having some primal (not Mark's primal) need to spread their genes around because if you want your offspring to live, you need to stay around to protect them.

Given the standard one night stand scenario, a man picks up a woman, if he's smart he uses a condom, (hopefully) he gets out before light of day, and it's over. The ramifications are different for the woman. Any error, from misjudging the man and sleeping with a serial killer to a broken condom resulting in pregnancy or disease (and the risk of disease for men in this situation is substantially less because he hasn't exposed a mucus membrane to a stranger) carries a higher risk.

I don't know the solution to it all. Men, stop being so egocentric and thinking that ten minutes of the old in out is gonna do it for us. Women, stop trying to act/be like men. Women are too easy and men think they are all that. I have no answers. The zipless fuck (Erica Jong) can be fun for some women, but if we're honest with ourselves, the reality is that we are more complex, and most men don't get it in one night. That's why we feel ripped off by one night stands.

JMO obviously, but I have a lurid past.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    The shyness you encounter is not always shyness, but caution due to the sheer amount of penis pics flooding most women's email. When 8 out of 10 guys open convos with innuendo and dick pics, you learn to proceed with caution. Humor, honesty and charm will get you what you want a lot faster. Don't promise anything you aren't going to give, relationship-wise or you'll attract the crazy.

Green Deane Guest
    Off line is the real world.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I'm sorry if it sounds sexist, but men and women are different when it comes to sex. I don't believe the old BS about men having some primal (not Mark's primal) need to spread their genes around because if you want your offspring to live, you need to stay around to protect them.
    The maximal biological advantage for men is to pair up and provide support to a woman who is raising his children (maximal investment with best guarantee of return), while occasionally sowing some wild oats on the off-chance that a woman he may never see again (and possibly her partner) will raise his offspring (minimal investment with possibility of return).

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast